New Chapter One

It is FREE to read the ENTIRE Glimpse novel on my patreon page,  patreon.com/JuniperRomance !!!

This Wattpad version will always be free to read there in it's entirety. Just go to my 'Collections' page and open "Glimpse - Free Version" and you can jump back in! I was so right about Patreon being a better platform... I had no idea there were so many typos until I ran it thorugh Patreon!! I think  I got them all, but feel free to comment there if you see any!

And to tempt you into joining my free membership tier so you stay tuned in for the new version of the novel (which is almost ready) I'm changing this first Chapter here to the new version. If this isn't your first time reading, I'd love for you to comment any time you think you see a new piece of writing. Chapter one is the least changed so far, though, so its subtle. Consider the gauntlet thrown.

 Just FYI, in the new version EVERY chapter is expanded or even changed quite a bit. There are totally different Chapters 4 &5, and there will be a new chapter where John TOPS Ambrose... as much as Ambrose lets him, of course.... ;)

John would have to remember to thank Darla when he got home. He had never had such an easy job in his life. Ride along with his client, stand next to him during a meeting, then ride back with him. For a hundred grand, John would have done a lot more, but that was all the client wanted.

The filthy rich client sharing the long black town car with John had been typing on his phone or staring out the window with a thoughtful look on his handsome face the entire drive; from his swanky, disgustingly fancy uptown penthouse, down to the warehouse district on the edge of the wharf. It was late at night, and the area was abandoned. As far as John could tell, this car and the one behind them with extra security were the only ones around. All the workers had gone home for the day.

Or maybe the rumored crime lord beside him had payed to have everyone else out of the way, who the fuck knew?

It was a bummer that John's client for the night was almost certainly a horrible human being. The man really was eye-candy, so it sucked knowing he was a monster in disguise.

Really, a total bummer, John thought. He cast a sneaky side-eyed glance at his client, but the rich guy was frowning at his phone and didn't notice. Other than the frown, he was totally John's type. Probably four or five years older than John's twenty-six years, with the air of maturity that John always liked in a partner. He had thick, black hair that curled ever so slightly above his collar and around his temples. His strong, clean-shaven jaw ended in a chin with a cute little dimple.

His lips were full and totally kissable, his cheekbones were sharp enough to cut someone, and his gray eyes were ghostly and haunting. Total hottie. Even his name was kinda hot. Ambrose.

A hottie, but probably a criminal. No thank you.

The car came to a gentle stop in the front parking lot of a shipping warehouse that had seen better days. John couldn't imagine it looked any less shambolic in the daylight. At least in the semi-dark of the few lampposts lighting the area, John wouldn't see the rats and roaches that lived there. Was there actually someone waiting to meet this rich guy there? What kind of meeting took place in a shack like that? And at this time of night?

An illegal one, most likely. John didn't like it, but he was getting paid well and all he had to do was stand there and be extra muscle. He could do that. Time to get to work.

He climbed out of the car quickly and paused. He focused his second sight and Looked at the building.

Nothing. It was safe, at least for thirty more seconds.