1

The Dancing Sparks 

Amarok Stark was a strange boy, that was something the entire North, that adored him very much, could agree upon, the starks were a pack of wolves always together and when one got left behind it usually died, but Amarok strayed from the pack he tested his limits to see how far off he could go alone, he didn't crave attention or validation, true to his name Amarok was the lone wolf, he hunted alone, he trained alone, he studied alone, he was alone.

In the future, many would praise Amarok for being the lone wolf, for if he was not he would have never survived, but that didn't mean that it didn't ever hurt.

But that did not mean he hated his family, no, in fact, he rather liked them...sometimes, he had his favorites consisting of Jon snow his bastard brother who he regarded as his full, and Arya his fierce little sister who was both stubborn and brave, young Bran who adored to climb and little Rickon the sweet wolf pup who followed him around. Robb his older brother, was by no mean his favorite their relationship was one of love and hate, somedays they were friends other days they were enemies and fierce rivals, Amarok hated how Robb was just given everything because he was the eldest even though Robb didn't deserve it, and Robb hated how Amarok commanded the peoples love and respect. Robb was a follower, he followed his parent's examples, the way all the other lords both presently and anciently behaved, but Amarok was a leader, innovative and modern he didn't see any reason to follow the example of those before him, he wanted to pave a new way, a new era, but to do that he would have had to be born the first son...because in Westeros only the eldest was truly important. Alas putting that aside the two did care for each other as brothers, Robb would fight those who hurt Amarok and Amarok would kill those who hurt Robb.

Then there was Sansa, his mother's pride and joy, raised as a southern lady even though she was in the north, she was a dreamer, head stuck in the clouds and there was no use bringing her down, she was ignorant and oblivious to the darkness that surrounded them because of her high status, she was sweet...sometimes but Amarok really just wanted to knock some sense into her, but his mother would kill him if he ever tried to. 

Amarok was a wolf that much he was sure of, when Jon had tried earlier to convince him to take one of the 5 dire wolves he couldn't help but refuse, Amarok didn't need a wolf, unlike his siblings he already was one he needed no animal to prove it, he didn't enjoy having to take care of living things, they'd eventually die or lead him to his own death, your family while important yes, were a vulnerability, people, in general, were dangerous, he couldn't allow himself to be attached, he didn't want a pack he was fine on his own, or at least he thought he was...but he was just about to discover how wrong he was.  It was 298 AC, and the king was going to arrive at Winterfell, why? no one was sure, that was a lie Ned Stark and his wife Catelyn knew, their son Amarok knew, and those who had multiple brain cells knew, the hand of the king had died, and who was King Roberts best friend? Ned bloody Stark, there was no reason for a King to come to visit unless he was going to appoint the lord of Winterfell as the new hand to the king, for the arrival of the royal family the boys had been forced to be shaven and have their hair cut, much to Jon's dislike, and forced to stand in a long line awaiting the royal families blessed presence, much to Amarok's dislike, Standing between Sansa and Robb, Amarok looked around in boredom "Where is Arya?" questioned Catelyn receiving no answer she looked specifically at Sansa "Where is your sister?" Sansa gave a cold shrug unhappy with how Arya was missing, it would reflect badly on the Stark girl's reputation to have such a misbehaved sister.

Arya then came running towards her family, a large helmet placed on her head covering most of her view, ned reached out and grabbed the girl before she could take her place between Sansa and Bran "Hey, what are you doing with that on" Ned removed the helmet from her head causing the girl to groan in annoyance much to her 3 brothers amusement "go on" he lightly pushed her down the line and the girl shoved bran out of her spot angrily telling him to move, right on time the royal family arrived and Sansa's eyes immediately went towards the blonde prince "how disgusting" thought Amarok, both he and Robb watching in disdain as the prince and Sansa eyed each other, Joffery was by no means handsome he looked nothing like a Baratheon and more like an incest child between Cersei and her brother the kingslayer, he was tiny, with a bad haircut and a horrible jawline, then a wheelhouse arrived most likely carrying the Queen and her younger children, the princess who was four ten and The youngest prince who was ten, as more guards and knights arrived finally the king entered, and my god was he fat, Amarok felt so bad for the horse that had to carry that heavy thing, how could that Man defeat Rheagar Targaryen, it made no sense to him, all he could see was a fat and drunk bastard, Amarok turned around and shared a look with Jon, without saying a word the Bastard son covered his mouth to prevent a laugh, as Amarok himself felt he too would break out in laughter, they were a bad influence on eachother, sharing an entire conversation without one word spoken, Robb nudged his brother and shared an annoyed look with him, as he gestured with his eyes towards the approaching king, they had time, the king would have a hard time getting off his horse, either way they all bowed down to the fat man, and awaited to be allowed to stand up, Robert immidely walked over to Ned and gestured with his hand for the man to rise, and so he did and his entire family and everyone else from the north present rose, "your grace" greeted Ned with one more short bow, Robert eyed him for a momment before speaking "you got fat" commented the king, both Catelyn and Amarok looked at the king in such a way of saying "you got even fatter" but the King didn't notice and neither did anyone else, as the two old friends bursted out laughing before embracing in a hug, he then turned to Catelyn with a smile "Cat!" he pulled the woman into a hug, one she very much did not want, Robert pet Rickon who stood beside his mother, before going back to Ned.

"9 years I haven't seen you where the hell have you been?" asked the King "Guarding the north for you, your grace, winterfell is yours" The lone wolf began to tune out of the conversation as he quiriosly watched the wheelhouse open, first a young blonde chubby boy stepped out, he looked around in confusion as if winterfell was not as he expected, he must be Tommen thought Amarok, then a girl stepped out, she was beautiful, wearing a plain brown dress, her hair mostly down, with only two braids tied back, she seemed meek and shy, she clearly wasn't used to traveling, the Princess Myrcella, he was supposed to look away, he should look away, and yet his eyes seemed drawn to her like a moth to a flame, her eyes traveled around the courtyard before landing on him, his breathing hitched as her sharp green Jade eyes met his Silver, neither could seem to tare their eyes off eachother, that was untill the fat man blocked his view "And you must be Amarok, quite a name to live up to" the king shook the boys hand and immiditly he came to his senses "Thank you your grace" he lowerd himself into a short bow, hoping to make a good impression on the king, a show of kindness, to mask what the king had just implied, the Amarok wolf is a dangerous creature, one of solitude and lonliness, it was a killer, no one would dare name a child such a horrid name out of fear of it summoning , no one but Ned Stark that is, the man saw it fitting to name his son such a terrifying name and by the gods he was right, Amarok embodied its personality perfectly but of course he couldn't possibly let the King know that  you must always look like the innocent flower, But be the serpent under't, "This one looks like a true Stark, Ned, he reminds me of someone" Ned smiled lowering his gaze to the ground "Amarok is a full born stark your grace it is why I gave him such a name" Robert laughed and looked at the young boy closely once more, as if he was searching for someone, the mans eyes darkened as his eyes bore into Amaroks "I hope to see you do something great with your name boy, you are the only one brave enough to bare it." the king then moved on acting as if nothing had happened, the boy turned to look at his father for an answer for his friends weirdness but instead met his mothers eyes.