After the cotillion, beyoncé dragged a very sleepy Onika into the house. Beyoncé thanked Onikas driver before they stepped inside her estate, beyoncé was still wowed by Onikas house. It was truly beautiful. She planned the buy her mother and grandmother a house like this, with the money she was making teaching Onika—she would be able to soon.

She helped a barely coherent Onika up the stairs, Beyonces seen Onika tired in school. But never this tired. They took the stares one by one and Beyoncé unlocked the door for her—she immediately made her way to the stairs.

What Beyoncé didn't see was two figures sitting the kitchen looking at the two. Beyoncé had her hand around Onikas waist—she also had the girl pulled close to her so she wouldn't fall. She liked having Onika this close—it felt secure.

Carol stared at the scene, Beyoncé attempting at  helping her daughter up the stairs—and then giving up and deciding to carry her bridal style. Ming watched as well in surprise.

"Onika hates when people touch her." Ming stated absentmindedly as she watched Onika wrap her arms around Beyonces neck—and dig her face into it. She observed her mannerisms and smirked.

"She's acting like a kid." She said quietly.

"Whenever I'd carry her when she was real young she did the same thing. She stopped letting herself be that vulnerable when she was around 9 Ma." Ming said watching the scene as the two eventually ascended up the grand stairs.

"And why is that..?" Carol asked quietly and Ming sighed, playing with the handle of the tea cup she was offered. She didn't even fully know. She knew Onika suffered from their father—but she could tell that there was something else.

"It would make more sense if she told you." Ming shrugged, "I hate to admit it but—she's more like dad than you think." Ming suddenly confessed looking her mother straight in her eye.

"Is that a good thing?" Carol asked and Ming gave a bitter chuckle. "I think you already know the answer to that." She said shaking her head before furthermore explaining. "She's cold. And doesn't communicate. She thinks any sign of true emotion is weakness. Atleast I tried to communicate when I was her age. And though I haven't spoken to her personally in awhile—I already know by the current state this house is running in—she still hasn't told you a damn thing." Ming said looking at her mother with slight resentment.

Carol bit the inside of her cheek at the release of that information. She looked over to her eldest daughter with a look Ming couldn't really describe.

But she could make out a look of regret.

"Where did I go wrong?" Carol asked with a sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose. "She's like you as well you know. She doesn't tell people when somethings wrong and tries to fix it on her own. That's what you've been trying to do for the last few years right?" Ming asked, nursing her cheek in her hand as she looked over to her mother who didn't respond.

"I love you Ma. You know that. But this very house is the reason I attend therapy every Thursday . I just would've appreciated if you were there more for teenage me. Instead of other countries—and I understand it was for a good cause but—jesus christ—you had a man who lacked a great deal emotional intelligence raising 2 girls who seriously needed that." She expressed, clearly exasperated.

"That was an irresponsible move on your part. I needed guidance and I was only provided that about 5 times a year. Instead of 24/7. And Onika? Oh she needed it more than I did." Ming stopped there. She wondered if Onika still struggled with her self esteem.

As Ming looked at her mother the elder woman seemed ashamed. So ashamed. But even that didn't stop Ming's resentment.

"I don't want Onika to continue to live the way she is." Ming stated seriously. "If it takes me taking her in instead because you don't want to come with terms with how horrible the man you dare call a husband is —than so be it. I'll do that. Because I love her too much to watch her throw her life away. Onikas a senior. She's on the verge of becoming an actual adult. She's loosing all that personality that makes her—her. Did she even celebrate halloween this year?" Ming asked hurriedly and Carol thought for a moment before she shook her head.