The Last....Part 4

57

     “This is the craziest idea I think anyone has ever come up with.” Rumsfeld said after reading through Chris Rock’s notes. “Im not sure how accurate some of these devices can be or if I could find manufactures who could make these things within my time frame.”

     “Hey you implement these ideas and attack at night,” Chris incited, “accuracy will be the least of your problems.”

     “Some of these ideas could be considered biological warfare.”

     “Hey Don…trust me. No Taliban fighter is gonna go on national TV and complain about a dead chicken hit’nem’ in the ass.”

     “I don’t know?” Rumsfeld didn‘t want to add the possibility of a germ warfare accusation along with nuclear terrorism by Putin.

     “Hey.” Chris stood. “Worst case? Clean things up a bit. Drop napalm followed by a load of barbeque sauce and the Taliban will most likely eat the evidence. Speaking of napalm what time is it there?”

     “Basically when it’s light here,” Rumsfeld pointed to an array of world clocks, “it’s dark there.”

     “Perfect!” Chris smiled, thrusting his arms out. “CNN will be all over anything that gets broadcast during the day. You can controll what they see. Unless they find a reporter dumb enough to follow some Taliban lowlife out to film what?” Chris laughed. “Dead chicken carcasses lying around? I don’t think so.

     “Where did this come from?” Rumsfled held up Chris’s notes.

     “You wanted to freak some people out. So I checked to see if anyone has ever done anything like this.”

     “And you did.” Rumsfeld hinted that he didn’t believe him.

     “Sun Tzu was definitely an intelligent man but you know  Janibeg Kan? Well he was brilliantly crazy.”

          “You feel better?” Blaine asked.

       Kate nodded. “I‘ve never been so disgusted with someone.” Kate unfurled her hair from a towel and retrieved a brush.

     “Said he was looking for me.” Blaine stated, having heard the details of Kate’s encounter with Paul Walker.

      Kate sat on the edge of the bed and combed her damp hair. “Out of hundreds of employees,” she paused amid-stroke, “and he comes looking for you?” She resumed brushing. “I don’t believe it.”

     “Sounds like you said the right things to him.” Blaine could tell she was holding something back.

     “I hope so.”

     “Well if not he’ll have our phone records checked but we should be okay.”

     “Between your parents and mine we must have made a hundred calls to different hospitals looking for you.” Kate said. “In fact one hospital after what had to be the fifteenth time I called within an hour actually hung up on me.”

     “Can you imagaine the chaos they had to deal with that morning?” Blaine asked.

     “I called morgues too.”