Chapter 8: Hijacked

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————

It was around 2:00 in the morning and Bob was laying in bed awake.

" 'Hey, dad. It's okay. I'll just wait for mom to get home.' " Bob mimicked.

"As if she could... I know how to...I can do math."

Bob glanced at the clock and groaned before heaving himself up and out of bed. He trudged all the way downstairs and sat at the kitchen table and picked up Dash's math book.

...

"Come on, buddy. Come on." Bob shook Dash awake.

"I think I understand your math assignment. We still have some time to finish it before your test."

...

Bob and Dash sat at the table early in the morning practicing math assignments.

After a while, Bob leaned over to Dash.

"You got it?" He asked.

Dash confidently held up his notebook and Bob glanced at it.

"Yeah, baby!" They clinked their glasses together.

Dash glanced up at the clock and noticed he had to get ready for school. Bob put his books in his backpack and smiled, proud of the work he did.

...

Vince peeked around the corner and looked down the hall at Tony and (Y/n) who were talking. He cursed the fact that super-hearing wasn't one of his powers so he could hear what they were saying.

(Y/n) suddenly embraced Tony and Vince clenched his fists together, feeling heartbroken. She then released him and walked off to class.

Tony opened his locker and checked himself out in the mirror he had in there. When he closed it, he noticed Vince standing right next to him.

"Oh, uh, hello." Tony smiled.

"Is she mad at me?" Vince asked.

"Huh?"

"(Y/n). Is she angry at me?" 

"Uh...I don't think so?" Tony answered looking confused.

"Oh, great. I was worried she might be. Uh, listen, could you tell her to meet be after school?" Vince asked.

"Um...I'm not sure that's a good idea." Tony said.

Vince's face fell. "Why? Is it because of what happened at the movie theater?"

"Oh. Were you the one she was with?"

"Uh, yeah. Did you forget?"

"Forget what?" Tony asked.

"Oh, was it because of the weird outfit?" Vince realized. "Because there's a good reason."

Tony just stood there with a skeptical look on his face.

"I'm in a drama class...and they just wanna do Shakespeare but they're like, 'try to make it relevant for the kids.' And so like, 'Oh, superheroes! Kids love superheroes.' You wanna wear one kind of tights, and then they're like, 'No, wear these other kind of tights.' " He rambled.

"Uh, I'm not sure what your talking about...but I just don't feel comfortable letting (Y/n) go off with a random stranger." Tony interrupted.

Vince frowned, and stormed off.

...

Helen was sitting in a chair having makeup done as she was about to be interviewed.

"I haven't done this in a while."