Part 8

October 12th, 1956

Nick Adams came into both you and Elvis's lives while you were still in Hollywood. He was older than both you and Elvis, yet had a youthful look to him. He also had quite the rebellious reputation, but you and Elvis got along well with him and you all had plenty of adventures together. Elvis had just wrapped his first movie Love Me Tender....previously The Reno Brothers and you were in lingo between Hollywood and going home. You and Elvis lounged on his bed together, his head in your lap. He was reading Telegrams from fans and trying to find one that June had sent, but still hadn't come across it. You leaned against the headboard, watching one of Elvis's favorite movies, Rebel Without A Cause as you absent-mindedly stroked his hair. "Mmm, that feels good I can't even read darlin." Elvis moaned slightly and closed his eyes momentarily enjoying the soft strokes. A knock interrupted the peaceful moment and the door opened. Nick Adams walked in with an unlit cigar in the corner of his mouth. Elvis had provided an extra key for him because of the shenanigans you all would get into. It helped having one extra person able to get into the room especially when you and Elvis were prone to forget the room keys. Elvis looked over from your lap. "Hey man! Have a seat!" Elvis invited and Nick sat beside you on the bed putting both hands behind his head. "Oh my favorite part of the movie!" He said as the movie now zoomed in on a scene at a place you had passed numerous times in Los Angeles, The Getty Museum. James Dean ended up making a scene on his field trip with his antics including mooing at a constellation. Elvis and Nick busted into laughter and both attempted the moo. "I tried that move on a chick the other night and I thought I was gonna get slapped man, but she went home with me so I think it could work to pick em up." Nick said and Elvis chuckled and looked up at your face to ensure you hadn't been offended by the guy talk, but you were used to it by now which is why both men accepted and even enjoyed your company. "Hey, so I was thinking, tonight we go out. It's your last full night in town." Nick suggested. "Sure! Just lemme call June. I couldn't find the damn telegram." He said. Nick rolled his eyes. "You're still goin with her?" Nick asked. "I mean not exclusively...Colonel would kill me if I did." Elvis said. "But still, you're so wrapped up in her...you need to be free. Have fun. You're Elvis Presley after all." Nick said. "I am yeah, but I love her man." Elvis said shrugging. "I'm just sayin, don't tie yourself down so soon. You're gonna be twenty two soon. You're young. Enjoy yourself." He said smiling with the cigar still tucked in the corner of his mouth. He looked tough and sounded like a full blown womanizer. You couldn't help but roll your eyes at his behavior, but you put up with it. Elvis liked him which was what mattered. "Whatever you say Nick. Let's get outta here, I'm done being couped up anyhow." Elvis said and lifted himself from your lap. "Get ready darlin, it's time for one more night of fun!" Elvis said smirking.

You decided on one of your most recent purchases at the suggestion of Nick on one outing you had. It was one of the more scantily outfits you had. A tight black skirt and a red sleeveless blouse that hugged your body. You completed the outfit with a pair of blsck strappy high heels and curled your long dark hair. You felt confident and sexy. Hollywood had changed you and your style and you liked the way it made you feel. You knocked on Elvis's door. Nick answered and his jaw practically dropped to the floor. "Well God damn woman." He said and Elvis peaked his head from the bathroom and smirked. "Mooooo!" He exclaimed and you all busted into a loud laughing fit. "Oh wait, my camera!" You quickly grabbed it from your room and by then Elvis and Nick were standing ready to go, dressed in white shirts and slacks and both had their hair slicked back, Elvis holding his captain hat in tow. As you hopped in the car you turned to Elvis and Nick, "Smile!" You say and both smirked slightly. You had to capture the moment, plus Colonel had been hounding you for more candids off movie sets.