𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟏𝟑 - Confusion

Y/N's POV

The seat is colder than usual, in fact, everything seems colder now. Makes sense by the slow pace into December, but still, I'm freezing my arse off because the dress code hasn't been updated for winter yet; stupid skirt. Everything around me is cold and loud, frost starting to dust the windows and a chill settling in the air. A shiver dances down my back as a breeze rushes into the great hall, the doors yet to be closed as the last remaining students scurry to their house tables. A groan surfaces from my throat, how long does it take people to sit down?

My whole mood shifted from this morning, emotions flashing past my receptors and fogging my mind with unwanted images; his voice sticking out from the noise.

Lets do this again sometime.

The apple that my eyes were focusing on begun to look blurry, the noise around me dulled to a faint whisper. My mind now in an abyss like state but the noise still present, only this time it was my thoughts instead. His stupid face clear as day, anxiety creeping up my back as he got clearer.

Stupid.

Guess I can't get peace and quiet anywhere, even in my own head; great.

My eyelids blink away most of the blurred lines and my ears take in more of the surrounding sound, slowly pulling me out of the short trans. Lifting my arm up to rest my chin on, the swift motion dodging cutlery and landing on the comfiest part of the wooden table.

The surrounding ambiance deafening to my eardrums, conversation in every direction and laughing so obnoxious that it could be heard from the quidditch field. Lightly tapping on my temple as a self soothing tendency, the noise doesn't dull or falter but keep rising and falling an octave every second.

Letting my eyes wonder around the Slytherin table no one in particular catches my eye, scanning the faces of kids I swear I've never seen before and ignoring the buzzing behind my eyes. Then I saw him, sitting only a few seats down on the opposite side of the table, his dark curls bouncing slightly as he moved his fork to his lips.

Stupid.

Suddenly his eyes flick up and make direct contact with mine, a jolt of embarrassment sweeping through my limbs as my head snaps forward and my hand covers my face. My throat seemingly closed as I try to play it off, probably failing miserably. How did he know I was looking at him? A though crossed my mind, thinking that he could hear any insult I threw at him whether it was out loud or not; a nervous chuckle escaped my throat the stupidness of said thought.

"Whatcha lookin at?"

A voice came from right beside my left ear, my body instantly jumping at the sudden noise so close to me. My heart spiking before I realised it was just Pansy, damn could you give me a break.

"Merlin! Nothing, just spacing out." A cough surfaced to try and brush off the lingering gut feeling that was now there again, why did it have to be that feeling. It's so confusing and scary,

I hate it.

"You look tired N/n, if your having trouble sleeping again, why not go see what the nurse can give you to help?" Pansy tilted her head while taking a bite of the apple that was just in front of me.

"Hm maybe, that's probably a good idea." I sigh, cracking my neck before actually eating something. She seemingly brushed it off due to the unusual silence she gave me instead of persistent questioning, oh well. Taking a bite of the bread also on my plate, a pressure is placed on my shoulder; turning my head slightly and seeing Pansy's midnight black hair. A small smile settled on my lips, hopefully I'll be able to forget this morning ever happened; hopefully.