𝙲𝙷. 𝟿 𝙳𝚎𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚕𝚎

The flight went on as the sky had secretly tinted in midnight blue, surrounded by the clouds of the night sky.

Looking out through the window, you would never get bored with any sights from so high above since it had constantly changed its colors, from the clear blue sky to a bit of grey, then to the pigment of bright orange, to navy blue color, then to the color tone at current. You were fascinated by the ever-changing diversification in the stratosphere every single time. If you ever had a camera, surely you would try to collect pictures of the changing phenomena.

You had dinner; well, more like a light meal, but the professor told you that he would order room service once you got to the hotel, so you wouldn't just have the sandwiches to satisfy your hunger all night. Humming the song in a carefree mood, your lips couldn't help but upward as the thought of Peter buying you a cassette of Beatles as a gift crossed your mind with hands drumming on the chair handle.

"Fancy a game?" you heard Magneto ask, a hundred percent addressing the professor. "It's been a while."

Logan had been chilling himself all the flight. He sometimes would go check on Hank in the cockpit, exchanging the position with the younger Dr. now and then for Hank to rest a bit in the journey. And professor—had been drinking a lot, of course.

"I'm not in the mood for games, thank you," replied the professor.

"I haven't had a real sip in ten years," stated Mr. Lehnsherr; you could hear the sound of the bottle thumping on the table surface by him. He gulped down the liquor, loud enough for both you and Logan to hear, too. Then, as if he had been waiting for the right moment to say, the fugitive uttered shocking news to everyone. "I didn't kill the president."

Now that was such an astonishing confession; it almost caused you to choke on water.

"The bullet curved, Erik-" stated the professor coldly.

"Because I was trying to save him," interrupted Mr. Lehnsherr. "They took me out before I could."

You and Logan exchanged glances, with a perplexing look emerging on your face; conversely, Logan tilted his head, cocking his brow while watching the two in the front having a conversation.

"Why would you try and save him?"

"Because he was one of us."

Silence—everybody's movements seemed to act simultaneously at the same time, breathing in, holding it, till the first person had released their breath, and another silence came over.

The whole situation had rocked you hard, and it was hard to process. It was a shocking piece of tiding; for the president was one of you, and Erik Lehnsherr has been regarded as a murderer for years.

"You must think me so foolish," said professor, a hint of sorrow hung in his slightly quivery voice. "We've always said that they would come after us."

"I've never imagined they'd use Raven's DNA to do it."

"When did you last see her?"

"The day I left for Dallas," answered Mr. Lehnsherr, sitting across from the professor.

"And how was she?"

"Strong, driven, loyal."

"H-how was she?"

"She was... We were... I could see why she meant so much to you. You should be proud of her, Charles. She's out there fighting for our cause."

"Your cause. The girl I raised; she was not capable of killing," retorted the professor.

"You didn't raise her," stated Mr. Lehnsherr firmly. "You grew up with her; she couldn't stay a little girl forever; that's why she left. So does Phantom's child; she isn't a girl anymore, Charles."