This School Year Is Gonna Be Different

"Til the roof comes off, 'til the lights go out

'Til my legs give out, can't shut my mouth

'Til the smoke clears out, am I high? Perhaps

I'ma rip this shit 'til my bone collapse (until the roof)

'Til the roof comes off, 'til the lights go out (until the roof) (the roof comes off)

'Til my legs give out, can't shut my mouth (the roof comes off) (until my legs)

'Til the smoke clears out, am I high? Perhaps (until my legs)

I'ma rip this shit 'til my bone collapse (give out from underneath me)"

_______________________________

Once Derek had gotten out of Morrell's office, he thought about what he was going to do in regards to Scott and Stiles. There was no way he was letting Peter have them, but he also wasn't exactly in a position to be demanding that they join his Pack. That was the first mistake he had made the last time, and it nearly cost him everything.

But this time, he was going to do it right. And not just with Scott and Stiles. He was going to make it right with the others, too. Because Morrell was right that if he was going to survive his fight against Peter, he would need a Pack of his own.

Just then, Derek heard the blaring of the coach's whistle coming from the Lacrosse field and looked on in curiosity as he saw most of the members of his pack out there. Stiles and Scott were gearing up to play goalies, as ordered by Coach Finstock. Jackson looked like he was getting ready to kick both their asses and Derek had to stop himself from rolling his eyes in fond annoyance. Then, of course, Lydia was sitting on the sidelines cheering with... Allison.

An odd feeling stirred in his chest at the sight of the future Argent Matriarch, and he couldn't stop the shiver that rolled down his spine as he remembered how mercilessly she hunted him and his Betas down in the last timeline. But none of that has happened yet, and it never will if he has anything to say about it. Who knows, he may be able to make some kind of truce with her at the end of this. At the very least he hoped that he could convince her not to actively try to murder him.

"God, being the Alpha is really gonna suck," Derek sighed.

"Well, with that attitude, you're definitely gonna fail, idiot!" a voice that reminded him suspiciously of Laura's echoed in his head.

Derek shook himself out of his reverie and realized that he had been standing there in one place for too long. So, he got in his car and drove off, still pondering the advice that he got from Deucalion's Emissary. Hopefully, with Deaton's expertise and a Pack of his own, Derek could finally stop Peter once and for all.

* * *

"But if you play... I'll have no one to talk to on the bench," Stiles complained, as he and Scott walked onto the field. "Are you really gonna do that to your best friend?"

Scott smiled sympathetically. "I can't sit out again, man. My whole life is sitting on the sidelines. This season, I make first line," Scott declared as he watched the new girl Allison take a seat next to Lydia on the bleachers. Allison caught his eyes and smiled kindly, and waved.