Alone in the Dark

Chapter 6 Alone in the Dark

It felt like I was floating in a sea of black with nothing around me, nothing under me and nothing above me. Not like falling just floating as I looked around at the nothingness. I was completely alone not even a sound made its way into my mind. It was like time stood still and everything lost all its color leaving me forever in a dark bottomless hole of gloom.

"What the fuck were you thinking" someone shouted angrily. It seemed to crack the darkness and my calm floating turned to quickly falling. I started to feel my body, the soft surface under me, a weight on top of me but light and soft. My fingers tightened around the softness feeling the sheets of a bed. My eyes felt like someone had glued them shut with super glue.

"She's my sister" someone else shouted. The voices sounded far away and kind of muffled. When I finally pried my eyes open the room was dark except a small line of light coming from under the door.

"She shouldn't be here" the first angry voice screamed. I sat up in the bed my head felt like it was hit with a baseball bat. Then it was like a flood gate was opened and everything poured into me, everything that happened with Alec and Jules and Davis and well everyone. They were vampires and Jace was a werewolf, an Alpha or something. Why didn't they kill me? What is going on with Jules? Why am I even here? I have to get out of here and now. Looking around the room I realized it was mine because my duffle bag was still on the couch.

As quietly as possible I grabbed the bag digging for clothes. Black jeans, blue flannel with a white tank top under it and my boots I dressed quickly throwing the dress onto the floor.

"Well she can't leave now" another voice said sounding almost calm compared to the other two.

Yeah right I can't leave you just watch I though as I moved to the bathroom quickly turning on the shower then locking the door to the bathroom before closing it. The only good thing about this room is the balcony which connects the bedroom and living room. The door in here to the balcony leads all the way to the door in the living room. I made some noise before quickly running out onto the balcony when I heard my door open. My heart was pounding in my chest and I knew I needed to calm down if they were anything like the vampires I read about they would hear my heart. Taking slow, calming breaths I listened while moving toward the other door.

It was almost dawn the sky was starting to turn a dark blue in the distance and the warm breeze filled my nose with the smell of the ocean. I couldn't help but look toward the beautiful waves but then looked back to the door beside me.

"Mori, please" I heard Jules yell.

I peeked into the room to see it was empty and thanked the lord the door wasn't locked. Sliding it open as quietly as possible I glanced around the room to see no one there. With a final nod I ran to the door throwing it open before running full speed toward the door to the stairs. The door banged against the wall from the force I used to shove it open making me curse under my breath. Taking the steps two at a time I made it down about ten floors before I had to stop for air. My lungs were aching, my legs were screaming because I normally stretch before doing stuff like this but it wasn't at the top of my 'to do' list. I started down the steps again pushing myself harder knowing I had about thirty more flights to go. I really hate rich people at the moment. I decided it might be best to get out of the stairwell and find another way down. I'm sure they know I'm gone and where I am by now.

Throwing the door open on level 34 I ran into another hall only this one was lined with doors, white and black walls with black carpet. Running down the hall to the other end I found another set of stairs and an elevator. What the hell might as well try? I pushed the button waiting while trying to calm my racing heart and slow my breathing.