Part 1. Acceptance

BEEP BEEP BEEP 

Ugh my fucking alarm. I turn my phone around and turn that shit off. I sleep in for a few more minutes before I get up. Check the time and its 8:30 am. I get dressed, do my makeup, and hair. I go downstairs and grab a Red Bull. Its one of my favorite drinks because I am in no way a morning person. 

I work at a tattoo and piercing shop called "Steel Addictions"

I started off as a piercer but slowly went into tattoos over time. Even though I did shift over time, I'm legally licensed to do both. We are a pretty popular body shop here in California, so my best friend an employee Lexi is going to come open up with me since its a larger shop we can open up faster. The air is hot but not so much where your miserable. As you take a taxi down to the shop, you look out the window, thankful for your life.  Your parents were always supportive of your career, when you told them you wanted to pursue a career in body modification. Your parents always had tattoos and piercings so you had grown up with the art. The taxi stops and I thank the driver for his service and tip him. Your shoes and jewelry make noise as you walk to the doors and see Alexia standing there. 

Oh shit. 

I forgot I had the key I hope she wasnt waiting long.  

"Omg Im so sorry I forgot I had the key. I hope you havent been here for a while." I say to her

"No its ok haha Ive only been here like a minute and a half." She says smiling 

"Oh ok good." I tell her

I push the silver key into the door and twist it. I feel it unlock and I push the door open for Lexi.

To me Lexi has always been a good looking girl. Long black hair thats usually up in a bun, tattoos that fill up her arms and body, and piercings on her ears and she has her cheeks pierced to with silver bars that give her dimples when she smiles. I first met her when I was trying to become a tattoo artist and piercer and she welcomed me into her then small shop.

Everything I know is all thanks to her. She showed me her ways and I quickly picked up on all of it. The good thing about it was I tattooed and pierced so me and Alexia were taking tons of customers and got popular for our talents.

We were getting so many customers for our small shop and it was just the two of us, we were working our ass off to get as many people as we could. Eventually we got enough money to open at a larger shop. We hired Kat Von D as a tattoo artist who defiantly brought a lot of attention to the shop as she had been getting famous over the years, and Ryan Ashley who is an amazing tattoo artist with tons of talent.

Me and Lexi walk into the shop, and Lexi fires up the lights illuminating the whole shop. Im so proud of what we have made.