Chapter 7

The next morning, I drove to school thinking about last night.

What is happening to me?

Over the last three days, I couldn't stop thinking about what has been going on in my life. The killings and the whole wolf thing. Who would've thought that shapeshifters actually existed? I thought that only happened in movies and novels. To think that I would've been able to shift into a wolf seemed kind of impossible a few days ago, but after last night I think anything was possible.

It was hard to believe that Mr. Daniels was one of the victims that had been murdered.

Why was he murdered?

Mr. Daniels was nothing but kind and generous, and he was respected by many students and teachers here. So, what could he have done to get himself killed?

A thought comes to me, making me gasp.

What if this was the same person who murdered Anna? It wouldn't make sense because she died over a year ago, and that was a one-time murder, but what if this murderer was still at large ever since Anna's death.

As I arrived at school at 8:45, I reached my locker and grabbed my Biology book. I turned to look up and down the corridor to see the oblivious faces of the students arriving. I couldn't help but think to myself that they had no idea what was going on around them, but surely by now they must know about Mr. Daniels.

When the bell chimes for 9:00, I headed towards my Biology class, and sat in the empty front desk. I placed my book, pencil case and notepad on the desk and waited for class to start.

Sam was probably outside playing football right now. She had always been the athletic one out of the two of us. She was tall, skinny, long legs and the muscular one, where I was the short one with big boobs. But Sam was the one that attracted all the boys in the school. Not me. Nobody looked in my direction, especially when I stood next to Sam.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was past nine.

Teachers weren't usually late to lectures so it was kind of unusual for it to happen to Mr Thompson because he was never late.

At exactly 9:15 the door to the classroom opened and Mr. Thompson walked with another student.

Holy...

He had a chiselled shaped face with hooded grey warm eyes. Lips full and firm with spotless porcelain skin. Golden wispy, untamed thick hair, his body tall and lean. He was wearing a denim jacket on top of a white t-shirt. Skinny jeans and light brown work boots.

"Good morning class, I apologise for being late. I'd like to introduce everyone to our new classmate. This is Max Fields, and he'll be joining our class so please make him feel welcome."

I heard people talking under their breaths while Mr. Thompson spoke quietly to Max. I could hear the girls fangirling behind me, and I could just imagine that every guy in this classroom thought they had competition.

My body stilled when Mr. Thompson and Max came towards my desk. "Now, if you don't mind I'm going to sit you next to Alice here because I feel that she'll get you right on track with the work. From now on, you two will be partners from this year on, and it's up to you Max to catch up. I think Alice will be a great partner for you."

I smiled shyly as Max sat next to me. I couldn't think of anything to say to him, so I just smiled instead.

"I'm Max by the way." Max smiled with the most perfect smile.

I smiled back. "Yeah, I gathered that."

"I'm sorry that I was put next to you. I don't want to slow you down."