35.

" THE BOX "

" THE BOX "

Xiao and Yanfei were in the waiting room waiting for the news when you had come out completely shocked. It was obvious what had already happened and Yanfei blamed herself.

"I need some time alone, I'm sorry for your loss y/n," yanfei turned the other way and walked down the hall. you couldn't say anything you couldn't say a word.

yanfei held in her tears she was the cause oc this. it was true reki was going to pass but that was in four fucking weeks. he didn't deserve to die much earlier.

it was all her fault, she didn't have a right to cry.

until she opened her phone and saw some missed messages from reki earlier.

YANFEI

hi yan:)
it's reki!

I can't really type right now
my nurse is typing it for me

knowing you you're gonna
def blame yourself once you
find out the news.

I'm probably dead by the
time you read this but
you're an amazing person
none of this is your fault.
I was gonna die in the end
people need you more yanfei,
I love you as a friend of course
and I'm glad it was you who lived
instead of me.

live a successful future for me okay?
I've always wanted to become a lawyer
as well and after meeting you
it was nice to share the same intefests.

glad I met you yanfei
see you in another life

and also! I give
you the right to cry 😇

I wish I met you sooner.

————

"do you want to go somewhere? I'll be here," xiao didn't know how to comfort people but without a second thought he hugged you knowing the pain of losing someone close.

"I want to go somewhere to reki's room," you answered. you wanted to know what it was. you wanted something to remember him after deleting all your photos when you guys broke up.

"alright."

"do you have a key?" xiao looked over to you as you guys stood in front of his house after leaving the hospital. you had just only realized that you don't have a key.

"no ... maybe he has a spare key?" you tilted your head. xiao sighed having an idea he stepped away from the door mat in front of the door before lifting it up.

"idiot," xiao mumbled picking up the spare key under the mat. you lightly smiled hiding it under a doormat was just like him. xiao unlocked the door to find everything dark.

when you had reached his room it was the same like before. dark blue walls and pictures of everything he did hung up on his walls.

he was the type of person scared to lose people so he kept the memories of every single small detail.

you crouched down looking for a box under his bed and soon enough you found one. you pulled it out and it was a black box with your name on it beside it was a heart.

"yikes," xiao said under his breath having a feeling that something was going to happen in a bad way.

when you opened the box there was the photo booth pictures in it. the one he mentioned earlier. the silly face he mentioned and him kissing your cheek.

xiao had wrapped his arms around you to comfort you as you looked through all the memories. you had tried to make matching bracelets but failed miserably.

you told reki to throw it away and he said he did but in the end he was a dirty liar. he still kept it. the seashells you both found at a beach that one night on the last year of middle school.

what made it worse was he didn't want you to forget his voice. he made a voice recording and taped it. it was just him acting stupid and listing out his dreams like an idiot.

"he's really gone xiao," you cried out hugging xiao back. xiao hummed just putting his hand on the back of your head pushing you closer to him.

he had no one when he cried and broke down after losing his friends but he wanted to at least be here for you.

he couldn't handle the sight of you breaking down he saw himself in you. he pulled away from you before he placed his thumbs below your eyes once again wiping your tears dry.

just because reki was gone doesn't mean he was gone too.

xiao had played with your hair and calmed you down until you had stopped crying and went to sleep. he swore to himself he'd never let you cry harder than that.

seeing you like that absolutely broke him he was willing to do anything to make you smile or cheer up again.

even if that meant spending thousands of money.

A/N'S NOTE

yeah uh too many reki chapters 😇 dw there'll be xiao fluff soon.

can't believe this book is almost ending tbh

angst is ending (or is it 🤫)

anyways thank you for reading

THANK YOU FOR THIS ILY ALL!!!