Little Orange Lips

So this is my first time at a werewolf book, wish me luck!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was already up and awake by time my family had managed to get up. I was in the bathroom, mentally, and physically preparing myself for the new school. I had dressed in my school uniform: Black dress shoes, knee high white socks, a black, navy blue, and whit plaid skirt, a white button up shirt, and a navy blue blazer with the schools crest on it.

The crest was like a gold arrow with a wolf biting onto it. How ironic that a bunch of wolves practically owned the school. My brown hair hung to my waist in locks, and my baby blue eyes were bright, and shining. I began to put on my makeup as I hummed along to one of my favorite songs.

For the final touch of my whole makeup routine, I added orange lip stick to my plump little lips. It was my signature touch. I had been wearing the same color for over two years now. Back in Medford, Oregon, all my friends (which were actually mere acquaintances) and my pack knew me by my lips. I intended to keep it this way.

Once I'd finished applying the lipstick I stared at myself. I wasn't used to actually looking. I'd often turn away because I had always been unhappy with myself. "Rylan, breakfast is done,"My older brother yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming,"I yelled back, and I stuffed my makeup into my bag, and took one last look before heading down the grey carpeted stairs. Our pack was wealthy enough to have individual homes instead of one big pack house. My brother, Cameron, sat at the stain la steel island, eating away his last bit of eggs.

Since Cameron had already had his first shift, and all he was now growing rapidly, which meant if there was no food in the house, then he'd go on a rampage. Cameron glanced over at me, and snickered,"Wow that's uniforms do look like shit."  I glanced down at myself, and frowned. I shrugged it off, and sat down next to him.

"How come you're not in your uniform?" I asked softly, slowly nibbling on a piece of toast. My brother shrugged, "I don't feel like looking like a loser, therefore I'm not going." I shivered slightly. Without her brother I'd be ten times more likely to get picked on.

"W-well they're not that bad,"I said. I was just hoping to get I brother to come. I needed a protector, and despite all of our arguments, he was the one for the job. Cameron rolled his green eyes, and flicked his matching brown hair out of his eyes, "You'll be fine. Just..don't be yourself."

My father and mother came down the steps dressed in their usual casual t-shirts and jeans. I stood up, and sighed,"Can I go now, since Cameron isn't going." Both my parents eyes snapped to him,"And why aren't you going?" Their mom said.

"The outfits are total bullshit. You think I want to be seen in that? It'll ruin my swagger,"Cameron complained. I rolled my eyes, "You can't ruin something you've never had." Cameron growled at me, and I smirked. "Go get dressed now,"Our father said.

Cameron grumbled some curse words before leaving the table with his huge amount of food at tow. "I'll take you to school, dear,"My mom said as she grabbed the keys from the bowl near the front door. I nodded, and followed her out to our black SUV. 

"You know I don't think they're that bad looking," I whispered looking down at myself. Mom nodded,"You look cute." I rolled my eyes and watched the trees pass by. Ididn't know how to take a compliment. I was insecure, and thought of myself as nothing more than a piece of crap.

Luckily or unluckily (I still needed to figure which one), the school wasn't that far from our house. When the large building had come into view, my mouth gaped. It was bigger than my old one. It had metal gates with a buzzer, and the crest implanted on the front of the gates. The school had to be atleast five stories high. It had the whole gothic theme to it.