Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I set straight up, gasping for air. “Whoa, take it easy” said the man standing in front of me. “Who are you” I screamed, then realized it was the man I had saw before. “Chan Woo” said the man, “and you?” “Why would you want to know?” “I found you dying in the woods, and saved you…” “Clover Legrand.” I said, looking around. Chan smiled, “I thought you said you were The Scarlet Clover” he said dramatically. “What, oh yea, I just wanted to intimidate him, by the way where am I?” “Good question, you're in Saint-Etienne.”

“Why?” “What do you mean?” “Why did you save me, and how?” “Because you weren’t meant to die then, and I didn’t do much just bandaged the wound on your neck, and tried to make you comfortable” he said.

“Well, you should have left me, I don’t have any reason to live” I sobbed. “That’s were your wrong” he said happily, “you do have a reason to live, do you think that was the only band of thugs running around France killing people.” “No, but you must have saw me try to fight the leader, it took me a dozen tries to finaly get him.” “Ah, but you didn’t give up, and any other person whould have given up all hope after going through what you went through.” He pointed at me. “Its your destiny to survive and save the people of France, and to slay the ones who want to destroy them.”

“But why me, I’m just…well you know…me, I cant save anyone.” “That’s excately why your going to save France, because you’re you.” He shouted merrily. “You have a reason to fight, while others don’t, but for now you need to rest, you took quite a kick to the skull, im afraid you might be thickheaded.” I huffed at him and layed back down.

I started to think about what had happed. I couldn’t help but start to cry again, “Whats wrong?” “I’m an orphan” I bawled, “I miss my parents, and my siblings…I…I…even miss Maria.” “They’re in a better place, you don’t have anyother family?” I looked at him and shook my head. “I don’t have anyother family either, they all died about ten years ago.” “I’m sorry, I had no idea…” “Its ok…you know, I don’t have any family and you don’t either, and I and I always wanted a little girl, I could always adopt you” I smiled and whipped my eyes “Sure, why not.”