14

chapter fourteen: emi-chan
┉┅━━━━━━━━━━┅┉

reminder: this book is written in english though the characters converse in japanese. if a character speaks in english or in any language(s), their dialogue will be written in bold-italic.

"kiiro-san, ohayō!" reimi greeted the raven-haired girl with a big smile and waved her hands frantically

kiiro, who was walking inside the school building together with kuroo and kenma, turned her head around and slightly bowed to greet her back.

reimi giggled to herself, running up towards her without minding the other two volleyball players. it has been weeks since reimi approached her classmate with the intention of befriending her, and she was already so happy to receive a bow from her rather than nothing.

"let's go together to the classroom," reimi said, earning a nod from the latter.

kiiro bid a farewell to her brother and kuroo before following behind her classmate to the genkan of their school. it was already a morning routine for reimi to drag kiiro with her to change their school shoes to uwabaki and then head to their room after. it happened that both of their lockers were right beside each other, so reimi had a valid reason to spend time with kiiro.

(note: uwabaki are a type of japanese slipper worn indoors at home, school or public buildings.)

"do you have your bento today, kiiro-san?" reimi asked, wearing her white and blue uwabaki before placing her school shoes in her locker, locking it afterward.

kiiro hummed in response, wearing thr same uwabaki as reimi and adjusting her left foot inside the shoe with her finger. meanwhile, reimi turned around and watched every move she maked. her baby blue eyes fell down on the latter's shoes, and the writings on top captured her attention.

"are, what's written on your shoes, kiiro-san?" reimi questioned, waiting for her answer.

the latter faced reimi, and then glanced down at her shoes. "it's my name. emo rooster played a prank on us by writing our names on me and 'nii-chan's shoes," she replied, fixing her black stockings and smoothing her skirt.

reimi's brows furrowed in question. "emo rooster?" she asked, trailing beside the raven-haired girl.

"the boys' volleyball captain. the one with black hair, i was with awhile ago," kiiro replied, moving her hair to mimic kuroo's hairstyle, earning a laugh from reimi.

meanwhile, the other students watched the pair conversing with each other, shocked to witness that the kozume kiiro was entertaining someone other than the boys volleyball club members.

"they're getting close, aren't they?" a girl whispered to her friend, which the latter agreed with. the two were at the same place with reimi and kiiro moments ago, and they happened to overhear their conversation about kiiro's uwabaki.