No Sleeep

"Ms. Jackson, why don't you call it a night. This is you thirteenth cup of coffee, and you're still yawning and nodding off," Janet's supervisor stood at her desk.

"I'll be fine Mr. Thomas. I just have to finish typing these few papers, and organize a couple of files." Janet yawned out the last few words.

"There you go again. Look, call your wife, and tell her to pick you up. Take off a few days, and rest," he assured her.

"No, I'm getting this done tonight," Janet replied getting frustrated. Mr. Thomas sighed, running his hand down his face. He rose his hands in surrender, and left the office. Janet stood up and poured herself another cup of coffee and sat back at her desk taking two sips. She liked her coffee straight up black, since it kept her adrenaline running, which in this case, it wasn't doing her justice, since she hasn't had sleep in the last 48 hours. She continues to type on her computer, rubbing her eyes every once in a while due to strain. She finished 20 minutes later, and emailed the typed papers to the desired clients. All she had left to do was place the stacked files on her desk in chronological order.
***
Janet finally packed up, and locked up her office, walked to the elevator to take her to the parking garage. Sitting her briefcase in the passenger seat, she started her car, but to no avail, it wouldn't start.

"You've got to be kidding," she threw her hands up, tossing her head back on the headrest. "I hope Toni's still up," she started dialing Toni's number, who picked up after three rings.

"Hey, babe. You're on your way"

"I was, but my car won't start,"

"Oh, no, babe. I'm on my way, just wait in the lobby. I love you."

"I love you too."

Janet ended the call and went back to the elevator, and pushed the button for the lobby. Walking in, the security guard, James was at the front desk.

"Hey, Ms. Jackson, weren't you just on your way home?" He asked sitting down the newspaper he was reading.

"Yup, but my car wouldn't start. Toni's coming to get me anyways," she sat down at the bench.

"That's not good, hopefully you can get checked out tomorrow," Janet nodded in agreement. She put her briefcase at the arm of the bench and laid across the bench. James saw, and took a spare blanket and laid it across her.
***
Toni arrived at the workplace, and walked into the lobby. James saw Toni, and pointed at the bench. Toni smiled, and shook her head at the sight. She walked over and carefully picked up Janet, causing her to stir.

"Toni?" Janet called out drowsily.

"Shh, go back to sleep babe," Toni kissed the top of Janet's head, grabbing her briefcase. She walked to her car and placed her in the passenger seat and drove the route to their home. Arriving 35 minutes later, Toni carried Janet into their bedroom, and tucked her under the sheets. Kissing her wife goodnight, she climbed into her side, spooning Janet behind, causing Janet to cuddle into her more.  To Janet, this would've been the best sleep she has ever had.
***

Chile I'm bored, BUT I GET TO SEE JANET ON SATURDAY 😝😝😝

Comment and vote.

Excuse any mistakes

Thank you and goodnight ✌🏽