2. The Fight

The last couple of weeks have been great. I have spent more and more time with Hunter. Lily teases me non stop about it. But I'm glad she is not jealous or anything. I may be popular but she is my true friend. The others well I'm not so sure, it feels like most of them are fake. Just because of who my family is, they want to be my friend. I may not trust them wholeheartedly. But I still stay nice to them for the sake of not being stabbed in the back.

"Cass, there you are!" Hunter runs up to me. Once he is in front of me he gives me a hug. I like the feel of his arms around me.

"What's wrong?" I can see the worry etched on his face. He sighs and pulls away from me.

"Can you maybe help me out in Math? I'm not doing good in the subject."

I fake gasp and shake my head at him, with a small smirk.

"Stop that I'm serious. I hate the subject and they already have a test coming up. Can you believe that a fucking test." He groans as he runs his hands through his hair. "You're one of the smartest people at this school. Hell you might be the smartest person here."

I go to protest but am interrupted.

"You bet your ass my girl is smartest person here." Lily comes up beside me and gives me a side hug.

"Ease dropping on our conversation." Hunter says with sarcasm. I don't understand why he said it like that.

"I just happened to be walking by, but you two paid no attention to me."

I felt guilty because I felt like I was leaving my best friend out. She must have sensed my emotions because she hugged me to her side a little tighter.

"Don't worry babes. Everything is good, okay."

I nod my head but still feel bad. "My girl will help you out but tomorrow she can't because it's a girl's day out." I look at her in shock, but smile nonetheless.

"Great, can you help me today?" He asks with hopeful eyes. I nod my head and tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Yes go help your boyfriend babes and I'll see you tomorrow."

She kisses my cheek and walks off.

"He's not my boyf...."

"I could be." I snap my head to look at him with wide eyes. " I was going to ask you but Lily always spoils it for me." He huffed out. I don't know why that irritated me for a moment. But when he took my hand again I forgot all about my irritation. "Well, Cassie Logan will you be my girlfriend."

All I could do is nod, the words would not leave my mouth. Hunter gives me a big hug and kisses my cheek. Which in return I can feel my face burning up. He takes my hand and smiles at me.

"Come on let's go study so I can ace that test.

After that we became inseparable. Not only was he the quarterback of the football team, but captain of the baseball team.

Between school, softball practice, and juggling spending time with my best friend, and my boyfriend, I was exhausted. I should have noticed all the warning signs between Lily and Hunter, but I was just so happy and naive.

Lily is the best I can tell she doesn't care for Hunter much. She only puts up with him for me. Hunter on the other hand gets a little jealous when I spend too much time with Lily.

"Come on Cass we have been dating for almost four months now." I shake my head and am slightly irritated that we are doing this in the school parking lot "It's not like I'm asking to have sex for fuck sakes." I flinch a little at that.