Chapter 11

Love is beautiful and whoever said otherwise had no idea what love was. Maybe whatever I was experiencing wasn't love, maybe it was just an infatuation, a tiny sip from what love actually is. It didn't matter if it was lust or love or infatuation, what mattered was that I was happy.

I stared straight at the man sitting in front of me, busy serving me a plate of spaghetti. I honestly wasn't hungry but I was going to eat every bit of that as long as I spent time with this man in front of me. We were at the back of the beach house, Mrs Anderson had taken Camy out and I was having the time of my life.

"You look really beautiful." I smiled at him.

"You beat me to that." I told him.

"How do you like the meal?" I gave him a nod. The food was amazing but I was sure he would taste much better. This was life, I thought to myself as he grabbed my hand and placed a peck at the back of it. I really didn't want this to ever end. We barely even touched our food when Ed-Sherman's Perfect began playing. It soothed my raging heart just a little bit before it had no control of it again.

'Baby, I'm dancing in the dark

With you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass

Listening to our favourite song

When I saw you in that dress

Looking so beautiful

I don't deserve this

Darling, you look perfect tonight

Chris sang along with the music and I let the tears roll down my eyes. I had never felt so special before, and he made me feel just that way. He stood up from his seat, and pulled me up, holding me close to him as he waltzed back and forth to the repeat of the song. I loved this, I loved this so much and I didn't want it to ever end.

Things were going rather smoothly between me and Chris, I got to know him better than before and it only had my feelings grow. The only thing that wasn't great was our sneaking around, trying to hide our relationship or whatever it was from Camy. There were many occasions when she had almost caught us. Like the time I was in Chris's room, his hand was up my top and his lips were latched on my neck. Camy had gotten the habit of not knocking, just badging in and that was what she did that afternoon. We were only saved because right before she came in Chris's hand was no longer fondling my breast and it was much easier to get up. This was the reason we decided that maybe it was time to tell her and we were going to do that over dinner.

I was seated in my vanity, through the mirror, I could see the outfit that laid on my bed, just like Chris and everything that surrounded him, it was elegant and classy. It was a simple short sleeveless gold dress, with her low cut at the back. The cut was not that low, as it didn't show too much. I knew that when he picked the dress, he was trying his best to not make me uncomfortable. At the waist of the gown was a glittery band that I swore was going to lose all it's glitter when I was done nervous picking it tonight.

The shoes he picked were black stilettos, and they matched the purse that laid by the side of the dress. For jewelry, he picked only a pair of dropping earrings, simple yet elegant. After staring into space for a while, I took the initiative to start dressing up as we obviously didn't have all night.

I would have started with my make up, but since it was simple, I decided to do it after. I put on my dress and my earrings before moving to the makeup. It was very quick but I made sure it didn't look too bad. I put on my stilettos, grabbed my purse and took a deep breath. It was time.