chapter 1 A wish granted

Ruby Rose, the leader of team RWBY, was someone who had broken through all expectations people had for her. Not only had she done well in her training to become a Huntress, but she had done so well that she was recognized for her skills by Ozpin himself, who let the redheaded girl join Beacon Academy two years early. As if this hadn't been amazing enough, Ruby broke through even more expectations by not only becoming the leader of team RWBY, but by being a very good leader. The scythe-wielder was truly a person to be admired and respected.

However, there was a certain someone who didn't see things this way, and that was none other than Ruby's own partner, Weiss Schnee. No matter how well the redhead performed in tests or training exercises, the heiress would always find something to complain about. The girl born in nobility expected nothing but perfection, and nothing else would be good enough.

If it wasn't bad enough that Weiss felt the need to nitpick on every little mistake her partner did, whether it was a wrong answer or even not keeping her school uniform looking perfect, the heiress also had a bad habit of making things seem far worse than they really were. Even when the team members of RWBY were simply trying to have a good time somewhere in Vale, Weiss felt the need to point out things Ruby seemed to do wrong, saying that a leader needs to carry herself in a respectable manner, and that it would look bad for all Huntsmen and Huntresses for one to not act properly.

Their teammates, Blake and Yang, obviously didn't see things the same way their white-haired teammate did. In fact, they often felt the need to step in to defend their leader, thinking that Weiss often went too far. However, no matter how much they stood up for Ruby, the heiress wouldn't back down from her criticism of her partner. She was determined of making her opinion known, even if she was being unreasonable.

Little did the older girls of team RWBY know, especially Weiss, that their leader was slowly reaching her boiling point, and that she was about to blow up. It would only take a bit more before the redhead was going to unleash all of her pent up anger and frustration at her partner.

And that time was now.

Team RWBY was heading back to their dorm from their last class for the day, which had been combat practice under Glynda Goodwitch. During the class, their team had been put in a sparring match against team CRDL, which they won. The victory was mostly thanks to Ruby, as she directed her teammates with great skill, earning them almost a perfect victory. The only problem had come when Yang had gotten a bit too heated up, which led to her getting lured by Russel into fighting two opponents at the same time. Luckily, Ruby had been quick to act and had stepped in to assist her sister, thus resulting in Yang losing only a bit of her Aura. The four girls had performed so well that even Professor Goodwitch had praised them.

Unfortunately, an almost perfect victory wasn't good enough for Weiss, who made her opinion very clear once they got out of the class. It seemed like even with an almost perfect victory, the heiress felt the need to criticize her partner.

"Honestly, Ruby, you're way too careless!" Weiss complained. "Thanks to your decisions during battle, Yang could have gotten taken out! It was your fault that she ended up fighting both Russel and Cardin at the same time!"

"Hey, would you give her a break, princess?" Yang asked with a hint of anger in her voice, not liking the way her white-haired teammate was talking to her sister. "Not only did I get saved by her, we also won in the end. Besides, it was my fault that I got lured in by Russel's taunts, so I think it's unfair to blame Rubes."

"Even if we did win, we cannot ignore the risks we faced during our match!" the heiress argued. "Had this been an actual battle, things could have gotten far worse for us! It's the leader's duty to make sure her team stays safe during missions!"