13. Chemistry

The weekend sadly goes by in a blur, and I didn't get nearly as many errands as I had hoped done. Instead, I spent most of my weekend shamelessly lounging around my apartment that still has some unpacked boxes I haven't gotten to. Maybe next weekend. This weekend, I had to re-energize from the crazy first week I had.

Sitting in the hospital cafeteria on my lunch break, going over the case Dr. Allen invited us to observe after lunch, the chair across from me scrapes against the floor. I look up to see Ashlee sitting down, planting her elbows on the table and leaning in with purpose and interest.

"You went home with Brad Friday night," she states, unable to bite back the shit eating grin on her face.

I roll my eyes. "I did not go home with him."

She frowns. "But I saw him follow you out of EBS and down the street."

"That's because he's a stalker," I mutter under my breath and Ashlee quirks a brow at me. I blow out an exasperated breath. "He insisted on walking me home and that's what he did. He walked me home. No matter how many times I protested. Then I slammed the front door of the building in his face. He didn't even come inside."

Ashlee's frown becomes more prominent. "Boo, you're no fun. You should have definitely let him come inside."

Again, I roll my eyes. "You're disgusting."

"Delilah, you had the perfect opportunity to jump his bones. Any girl in their right mind would have taken the opportunity!"

"Guess I'm delirious," I say blandly, causing Ashlee to groan in frustration. I take a sip of my water before asking, "Why are you so hell bent on me and Brad hooking up, anyway? It's weird," I admit, scrunching up my nose.

"Because," Ashlee says dramatically. "You two totally have that I-hate-you-but-seriously-want-to-fuck-your-brains-out vibe, and even I can't take the sexual tension anymore. You two just need to get it out of your systems. Have a little fun."

I nearly choke on my own spit. "Are you sure there's not just something you need to get out of your system?"

Ashlee shrugs. "My system is fine and fully operational, but I'd still totally hookup with Brad if I could."

I grimace. "Would you stop saying you'd sleep with Brad."

"Why? Jealous?" She smirks.

I scoff in disgust, grabbing my tray and throwing out my trash. I walk down the hall to the elevators, Ashlee on my tail.

"Come on, Delilah. You know you want to. I mean—Imagine, how hot would it be hooking up with him? That face, that body... oof." Ashlee fans herself.

I bat my lashes at her, voice sickening sweet with sarcasm. "If you think he's so great, why don't you just bang him?"

"Like I said, if I could I would. But he totally has eyes for you."

I bark out a laugh as the elevator doors open and we step inside. "I bet you a million bucks that there's a blonde haired nurse out there somewhere keeping his eyes good company."

Ashlee waves a hand dismissively. "She's just a distraction. He totally wants you but you're not putting out."

I choke out a laugh. "Because I'm not putting out?"

Now Ashlee rolls her eyes. "You know what I mean. You're not giving him a chance."

"That's because there's no chance to give. He's not into me whatsoever and the feeling is mutual," I fib. Okay, while I do hate Brad's guts—and I hate that I'm admitting this—it's hard to deny that he's attractive. But that's all he is—a pretty face. And body. Good lord those abs.