Chapter 1

"I can't wait to go home!"

"Yeah! I wonder if the Gators are still there!"

Sorrelkit heard her clanmates, Dawnkit and Duskkit talking excitedly. "Shush! Both of you! The sun hasn't even risen yet" Springfur whispered to them "Besides we aren't going home until sun-high so get some sleep.... please" Their father sounded exasperated and tired "sorry.." the two older kits mumbled in unison. She could hear them shift back into their nest and eventually fall back to sleep. Coldstar and the other leaders had announced early that night that the clans would finally return to home since the storm about a moon ago I wonder what home even looks like... She had begged to come on one of the patrols that would go to repair camp, but they always said, "No you're too young" or "You'll see it soon!" Well, I guess they weren't wrong she shifted in her nest; she felt her sister: Citruskit's pelt brush against hers.

She opened one eye and looked around; the make ship nursery was really big as it had been made for kits and queens of the three clans. On the other side of the den, she saw Lizardscale and her newborn kits Squirrelkit and Mousekit. The three were fast asleep, Lizardscale had this angry expression just always set on her face. The two kits were trying to get close to their mother even though she kept nudging them away with a paw growling. Sorrelkit couldn't help but wonder why she didn't love her kits; she turned her attention to the cats in her own nest. Icewhisker and Copperspots were pressed up against each other purring. Those two were her aunt and uncle, since her mother has been missing since she was born their son Swankit was on laying right on top of Citruskit, snoring. 

"Dawn is here were gonna home in a couple hours" She heard the Beachclan queen Evergreensight whisper to herself outside of the den. Sorrelkit realized that she wouldn't be able to see most of the Beachclan cats or Pineclan cats for a while. She frowned she had made friends with Evergreensight and Lakekit from Pineclan. She shifted in the nest feeling a bit sad you'll see them at gatherings though! She reassured herself silently. Yeah in 5 moons! UGH why do you gotta be so difficult! I don't know maybe you're the one being difficult! She stopped almost breaking out into laughter realizing she was arguing with herself. Icewhisker stirred slowly waking up, Sorrelkit rose her head and turned around Icewhisker let out a long yawn getting up and stretching.