Chapter Thirty- Eight

My condition was far from alright.

Emotionally, I felt absolutely drained.

Physically, I felt like I had been thrown down the staircase.

Mentally, I felt horrible for what I had done to Killian.

Two days had passed, since that horrible night.

I refused to see Killian, despite how he had made many attempts to speak to me.

He was the stronger one of the two of us and I was too cowardly to face him.

I walked to my balcony and saw Killian walking around, in the back gardens.

This was a better opportunity than any other.

I did not care about my appearance, I had to see him.

I ran out of my room, nearly knocking into Annabeth, in the process.

She called after me, but I was too focused on getting outside, to Killian.

The back door slammed behind me and Killian immediately made eye contact with me.

He began walking towards me, but stopped and turned his back to me.

I picked up my speed and got to him as fast as I could, losing my breath in the process.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked, keeping his back to me.

I looked down "I wish to speak to you"

"Last time you wanted to speak to me, we had an issue" He said, grumpily.

"I am aware of that, but you must listen" I said, feeling emotional already.

He faced me "I do not need to listen, so do not demand it, like you have any power over me!" He said, turning his back away once more.

"I believe I do have some power over you. That is why you have grown so upset with me" I said, feeling bold.

He faced me once more "Do not believe for one moment that your presence has any power. You are a joke here; here for my amusement, nothing else"

I shook my head and stepped forward. "I do not believe that and I don't think you do either"

He looked away, upset.

"I understand that I am just a human and the idea of me having any power over you is a set back, in your views. I did not realize that it could be so aggressive, but I do know that you have taken care of me; the least I can do is take care of you, by making sure I do not harm you in any way" I said, hoping he would forgive me.

The last thing I want is Killian hurt because of me, when the power he has over me could destroy me in less than a minute.

He gave a small nod "Is that all?"

"I'm sorry for my actions that night, but part of me was not playing around. I was feeling something and like you I was scared of it" I continued.

He scoffed. "I am not scared of anything, Cordelia"

I shrugged "I will not question it anymore, but know that if you do in fact feel scared, keeping me held here against my will, it will not make either of us happy, because my attitude upsets you at times. Of course, I do not understand what any of this means, because I still wish to be free, but there is still a small part of me that wishes to stand by you"

He looked away, avoiding eye contact. "Now are you done?"

I gave a small nod and reached up, kissing his cheek. "I am truly sorry for any harm I did to you. I am not innocent, despite claiming to be. I suppose neither of us know the other properly"