Prologue

Lust.

That's what coursed through the tall, slender man's veins as he walked down the street, the night air sending a chill down his spine, but he paid it no mind.

His vision was stained an dark crimson as he searched for his next prey, desperate for his fill. People instinctively avoided him, crossing the street so they wouldn't have to go past him, but none were too sure why. It was like something deep within them screamed to keep away, but another part yearned to be closer.

The man paused for a moment, taking a deep breath when an aroma filled his senses that he was far too familiar with.

Sin.

Beautiful, depraved, filthy sin.

The heady scent nearly knocked him over from want. He didn't know where it was coming from, but he knew he was close.

The man- no, creature- turned his head, his eyes going black as he searched for what he was sensing when his gaze fell upon something that drew a dark chuckle from him.

A church.

A catholic church to be exact.

'Oh this is fun.' The monster thought, tilting his head to the side before he made his way over, climbing up the stairs to the large, prestigious doors before he pushed them open, standing at the entrance for a moment.

Places like this didn't exactly bode well for his kind. Sin or not, he could be sensing someone inside trying to make right with God or whatever, but as he lifted his hand over the threshold, a wicked smile spread across his face when absolutely nothing happened.

He walked inside, looking around to find no one around before he made his way down the aisle between the pews. It was a beautiful church, it was dark and ornate, with a million candles lit.

'That's a fire hazard.' He thought to himself, and if he wasn't so hungry, he'd probably test that theory for fun.

Images flashed through his mind as he ran his hand over the the backs of the pews that he passed.

So much debauchery.

He loved it.

It was delicious. So many people begging to be forgiven for horrible things. He saw theft, adulatory, murder. This place was filled with it.

He made his way up to the stage, and over to the podium, resting his hands on it curiously when his eyes turned black. He ripped his hands away from the wood, but not from pain.

Oh quite the opposite.

Whoever spent their time at the pulpit made the congregation look like saints.

"Hello? How can I help you, sir?" The evil entity turned on his heel, spotting a man in his early fifties with grey hair, a priest's collar and a kind smile.

"Yes, father. I'd like to do confessional if it's alright?" He asked, in as meek a voice as he could muster. Trying desperately not to cackle in delight as the priest nodded, and gestured for him to follow.

The monster sat down in the confession booth, and slid the small window open, waiting for the priest to do the same on his end.

"What's your name?" The priest asked.

The monster considered the question for a moment, trying to come up with something.
"Andy." He finally said.

"So what brings you to church today, Andy?" The priest asked.

"I am very distressed, father." It hummed, leaning back against the wall, a smirk playing at his lips.

"What is making you distressed?" He asked, frowning in concern.