A Man of Kindness (The Knight's Wing[Ben])

"Let me see...I still have yet to finish my escrima, but I do have my suit finished." Ben said to himself, as he worked on one of his many projects. "Less time to work though. My time here in Fylo is coming to an end. I don't have all the materials I came here for either. Dang it! Why do I never have everything I need. I'll need to research somewhere to stay for more than a month." He got all his stuff together in his small suitcase, something he made to hold more than it seemed. He paid a small sum to the rent manager for his small apartment. He walked out the door to the poor town, and he wanted to help it grow. "Too bad I'm not rich." He thought. "I would fund the rebirth of this town. Make it an actual city."
A 12 year old girl ran into him. "Oof! Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." She said.
"It's no trouble. What's your name?" He replied and questioned.
"Anne Rae, sir." She answered. "May I ask what's yours?"
"Just call me The Knight's Wing. I'd rather not give my name. Some people would think I'm someone else."
"Why?"
"There's an outlaw with my name...he's a Darkeon and I've tried to turn him in but the police wanted to arrest me too, for no apparent reason. They said,'You need to see the king.' I still have no idea what the reason was. Maybe I'll find someone who has the same problem, but knows why."
"I actually have seen what happens. One of my mother's friends, named Fire Storm to most, had to see the king as well. She became a Legendari after a while, but she still has yet to be trained to fight."
"I'm guessing she's a medic?"
"Yes sir."
"Ahhh. I'll find out what to do next and make sure it's safe. I want to make absolutely certain I won't be thrown in a cell."
"Can I go with you?"
"Wouldn't your parents miss you?"
"...They died two months ago."
"I'm sorry. Come with me. We'll figure out if we can get you something to defend yourself. I take the shortest roads, but there's always bandits. I only have a short-sword and a hunting knife."
"I actually trained to use a sword, but I'm sure you'll be using it."
"I'll use the knife."
"Really? Thank you!" They started heading off to the next small town called Willocky Rall, on a mountain. Some police came up just as they started leaving.
"Sir. We need you to give us the girl and go to the king. The girl is to become a slave until she pays off what she stole." The captain said.
"Wait a minute, wait a minute. What? She stole something?" He looked at her and she turned her head away, sheepishly.
"Yes sir. She has stolen from the leader of this town and from some of the aristocrats."
"What aristocrats?" He asked.
"The ones that tax and enslave the people."
"I gave to the people who needed it! I swear it was with good intentions." Anne Rae yelled.
"Anne, calm down. I'm not letting you leave me yet." Ben said calmly. She sighed and calmed down.
"Take me to these aristocrats. I want to know why they gain money, while people starve and little girls are having to steal just to survive."
"Will you see the king then?"
"Afterwards yes, and get this girl some more suitable clothing. I don't want her looking like a street rat in front of the king."
"Yes sir. Come with us." They led him to the aristocracy building.
"Who are you?!" One of the men asked. "I command you to give me all your money and become my slave!"
"Even though I'm not a citizen of this town?!" Ben replied cleverly.
"All shall be my slaves! Even the king!"
"Lazy fools! You cause people to starve! I will report this to the king when I get the chance! Rylo will be a place of prosperity! Not starvation! Where is your honor, you greedy fools?!"
"I...we...you should be grateful that I haven't killed you!"
"Well, guess what! You have no authority over me, nor anyone here!"
"We will rule this world!"
"I'm leaving, the king is expecting me. At least I haven't killed you." The aristocrats fumed at this statement. They believed themselves immortal, invincible, and all-powerful. They were foolish and unable to control.
"Sir. Thank you for speaking up. Those men have been abusing this town for decades. Every boy or girl gets his or her own house, but they are always slaves." The police captain brought up.
"It is nothing. If this were anywhere else, I would do the same. I do not believe in fairness, but I do believe in rights." Ben answered.
"Even still, thank you. The girl has been given better clothing for the king and will not become a slave. We have made sure of that. Now, the king awaits."
"Agreed. Bring Anne Rae out first."
"Of course." The man motioned to his guards. Anne Rae followed the men with some more formal clothing on, but they were still cheap enough for a commoner.
"Are we prepared for the journey?" The captain asked one of his guards.
"Yes sir! All packed and ready!" The guard said.
"Good. Let's move!"