Second Chance part 1

Hetman opens his eyes and gets up, trying to remember what just happened. He can't tell for how long he's been unconscious, he can't even seem to remember what happened before that. All he remembers is the sound of gunfire and a big white light with lightnings around it. He also remembers the light being so powerful that he couldn't look at it properly. It was so powerful that he could feel a weird energy around it. For some reason, it felt like that energy was dragging him inside it. It's as if it was calling him, as if it was trying to give him a message. 

The next thing he remembers is getting hit by a lightning and blacking out. And here he is now, having just regained his consciousness with his memory scattered. As he looks around him, he notices that he is wearing his navy uniform and hat and he is holding his APS underwater assault rifle. What shocks him more though, is that he is in the middle of a sea, afloat, fully repaired and with all his electroninc and weapon systems functioning perfectly. He remembers being partially sunk at some harbor, so why is he floating now and why are his systems working? More importantly, why does he have a human form? He is a warship, and warships don't have human forms. Yet here he is, able to walk around his own structure as a human.

As he walks around his ship, he notices that he is just like before he was scuttled. Freshly painted, his weapons restored and rebuilt, and his engines roaring as if they were brand new. Every single detail, every single object, antennas, chains, everything is placed exactly where it used to be before he was scuttled. Even his lifeboats are hanging on the main port and starboard deck and his helicopters are in the hangar. It's just incredible.

After looking around, he walks inside the bridge. It too is just like he remembers it. The chairs, the computers, the painting, the photos, everything is back on its place, just like it was before he was scuttled. It's incredible. That light somehow must have repaired him and restored him back to how he was before the war, with a few upgrades. He just has no words to describe how he feels. To him, it's like he was rebuilt from the ground up. The emotion is just like the one he felt 20 years ago. He remembers that day very well. It was the day his construction was completed. The day he was given a name. The day they made him the flagship of the fleet.

Before he can explore any further though, his radar and weapon systems activate automatically. This is very strange. As far as he remembers, his radar doesn't have the ability to activate by itself. He needs to activate the radar manually and adjust the right frequency before activating the weapon systems because the Russians are known to change to change the frequency in their missiles to counter the jammers used by the navy, and while this tactic seemed very outdated, it proved very deadly against the Ukrainian navy since they've got no way of countering the Russian missiles.

He quickly runs to the bridge where the radar screen is placed and activates the I.F.F. system. The aircraft are immediately identified as fifteen Iranian Qaher 313 stealth fighter jets. That's weird. The Iranians have only sold drones to th Russian air force and they are not even stealthy. Yet, the radar's analysis appears to be legit. If those were false signals, he would have picked up something like a jamming singal or a flase code. But there's none, nothing that indicates a false signal. If that's the case, that means the Iranians decided to take it one step further by arming the Russian military forces with their latest weapons. Well, now it's time to find out of he's a match for Iran's aces.

As soon as the jets approach him in a distance of 70 kilometers, he locks on the first three aircraft and waits for them to get closer. Firing his missiles at their maximum range will be ineffective as the enemy aircraft might deploy their flares and jammers and will probably initiate evasive maneuvers which will cause him to waste ammunition and make himself vulnerable. If he wants his missiles to hit, he must let them get extremely close. It's risky but it's also effective. He doesn't have to worry about enemy missiles since he's got his own jammer and CIWS system, though hhe still has his doubts as to whether they still work or not. Well, there's only one way to find out.