𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

3rd may 2019

showing up on set for the first day was nerve-wracking, not only because it was sage's first taste of directing but also because she knew nobody personally on the cast, (apart her cousin jd).

being in the spotlight for over 10 years gave her lots of things that she's so grateful for; fame, money and crippling social anxiety. of course when she was with dylan, he took the attention off of her with his personality, he kept her calm, everything was under control and he was there if anything happened but unfortunately he was miles away and filming so she was forced to put her big girl pants on and make the first move to get to know the people she's going to be working with for the next few months.

before she got out of her car she took some deep breaths in, thinking in her head 'you can do this'. a knock on the window broke her out of her trance, she turned, meeting her cousin's grinning face

"you good?" he asked as she got out of the car, knowing how anxious she can get

"not really but i'm ready now" she sighed as she locked her car, gave him a side hug and put a smile on her face, mentally preparing herself for what will be a good experience

"welcome to the first day of filming for outer banks" jonas projected from the top of the deck facing the crew and cast
"in case you don't know me, even though you should by now i'm jonas pate, one of the creators of the show, alongside me is my brother josh pate and shannon burke the other creators of the show. another important person and name to know is sage franklin who's our director." she did a wave and a smile to which jd and various members of the crew/cast returned "many of you will have seen her at your screen testing, you'll be getting close with her throughout your experience here. all in all, i look forward to knowing each and everyone of you here, let's have a great time, enjoy the next few months and create something special." after jonas' speech everyone clapped and cheered, they dispersed into their respective groups, whilst the cast loitered around the set.

jonas came up to sage "so, how was my speech?"

"it was great, very welcoming" she smiled at him

he let out a sigh "okay good, i never know what to say to the young people. seeing as though this is your directing debut we'll be giving you a hand for the first week, just a few pointers and to show you what sort of direction we want to be heading, after that week you have free reign."

"that sounds fair."

"alright, first things first, round up the cast, give them a little overview of how things are and try to get to know them, once you figure out how they work, it makes it easier for you to direct them."

sage started to play with her rings "bit nerve-wracking but okay"

jonas put his hands on her shoulders offering a fatherly look "hey, you'll do great, plus i'm pretty sure they're more anxious to be in the presence of an oscar award winning actress"

"except jd"

he laughed "yes except jd, but that's one less person to be worried about, breathe, and enjoy this experience" he gave her a hug and left to talk shop with josh and shannon

sage cleared her throat and called out "can i have the cast's attention please"

a small crowd gathered around "hi, i'm sage like jonas said, feeling a bit anxious as this is the first time i'll be directing but i know for some of you this is your first time in a big production as the leading stars. all i ask from you is to work hard, have an open mind and be patient. i have a good feeling about this already, you know this may be the job that launches your careers. the most important thing i want from you is for you not to stress, your job is to act, i don't want you stressing, that's my job. if something isn't working i'll try new techniques and we'll make it work, the last thing i want is for you to stop loving what you're passionate about.
two last things, any questions or such about almost anything, feel free to ask me, i'll be around nearly all the time, probably at craft. and the last thing i want to do, the dreaded thing that i hated most when i was in secondary school, can everyone introduce themselves and say what character you're playing."