Chapter 29

Draupadi stood regally next to Yudhisthir who was smiling as Gandhari did the aarti.

She glanced at Kunti who was looking slightly apprehensive while at the same time with a proud demeanor.

Draupadi pursed her lips together as she looked back and saw Duryodhan and his uncle's wide smile.

' Something's wrong,' Her mind chimed causing her to feel eerie with the whole invitation.

Draupadi's phoenix like eyes looked around and saw the one man she can't forget.

Karn. The one man that she loves and hates. The one man that caught her attention but his birth status or rather her birth purpose clashed.

Draupadi tilt her head slightly as she saw the face of the Angraj. It seemed as tho a thousand arrows has pierced his back. Draupadi bite the inside of her cheek as she observed the man known as Duryodhan's mithir.

" What are you doing!?" Kunthi whispered causing her to blush slightly. Kunthi narrowed her eyes at Draupadi and hooked her arms with her daughter in law as they began walking into the castle.

The ladies were ushered into Queen Gandhari's room and Draupadi smiled fakely as she watched both Gandhari and Banumathi fawn over Subhadhra.

Her forehead wrinkled as she pushed her hair behind her face. Her stomach tensed with uncertainty as she thought back about Karn.

Draupadi let out a startled sound and turned to look at Kunti who was staring at her with curiosity. Banumathi smiled softly and cleared her throat before inviting both Subhadhra and Draupadi into her private chambers.

Draupadi nod her head absent mindedly and walked with the other women. They were passing down the corridor and Draupadi didn't realise that the ladies had left her.

" What the-" Draupadi's eyes widened. She took a sharp breath  and stumbled over her sentence as she eyed her sister.

Aaratrika gave a small smile before leaping into Draupadi's arms. Draupadi's  chest tingled as she felt a strong kick causing her to look at Aaratrika to gulped and moved away slightly.

" How long are you ?" Draupadi asked softly as she patted Aaratrika's abdomen causing the girl to take a sharp intake of breath.

" going to be 9 months now," She muttered causing Draupadi to exhale her breath.

Aaratrika gulped and glanced left and right before taking a hold of Draupadi's hand and began waddling away.

Draupadi blinked when the girl brought her into another house. She ushered Draupadi to sit down and passed a plate of delicacy infront of Draupadi.

" Radhama made this," Aaratrika said causing Draupadi to bite her lips slightly.

" Angraj's mother ?" Draupadi asked Aaratrika who nod her head.

Draupadi nod before her postures began to get rigid again. She scratched the  back of her neck as she eyed Aaratrika with a frustrated snort.

" What are you doing here ? Didn't you leave with Maharaj Balaram ?" Draupadi said with a sneer causing Aaratrika to look at her with a heavy sigh.

" Where else could I go ? " Aaratrika said causing Draupadi to snort.

" Back home ! I told you I can talk to father," Draupadi said as rubbed her temples.

" He might accept me...but these little ones ?" Aaratrika asked patting her stomach causing Draupadi to purse her lips. Aaratrika let out a chuckle and shook her head.

" Why are you here Aaratrika?" Draupadi asked in a resigned voice.

" I heard about the rajasuya yagna. Draupadi why did you say those words to Duryodhan?" Aaratrika asked causing Draupadi to stand up.