Monsters (I will post this on Random Kotlc too)

Bronte woke up, tears running from his eyes as he tucked his legs to his chest. He screamed, trying to get rid of the haunting look on his brothers blank face. Shakily, he got up. He walked over to Oralie's castle, and found that it was locked. Obviously, I mean it was 3 am. He wandered and tried some more castle's, losing track of where he was. The rain soaked him to the bone. He knew he couldn't go home, the monsters in his dreams would come flooding back. Warm tears ran down his face, as he leaned against a lampost.

Emery thought he was a fairly normal elf. Sane- mostly. As sane as you could be with 11 voices screaming in your head. He thought most elves would be in bed by 3, but whatever. He had to finish this paperwork for King Dimitar. The rain was screaming out side his window, so he walked over to close it. Outside, he saw a shivering figure, leaning against a lamp post.  He got up, wore his cape, and went outside, to find... the last elf he would expect to see. 

Bronte buried his head in his knees, sobbing. He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder, warm and firm. The figure said something, but it was drowned out by the rain. The figure picked him up, wrapping their cape around him. They brought him to... Emery's castle? In the light, Bronte saw Emery's confused look. "What were you doing?"  "Nightmare." Bronte supplied, not elaborating. "Oh. Well, it's storming too hard for you to go home. You can sleep on the couch. I'll go make slumberberry tea, why don't you get changed. There should be some warm clothes in my closet." Bronte did just that. Afterwards, he felt cozy, and curled up on Emery's couch. Emery came back with a hot mug, and a couple blankets. Bronte sat up, and took the mug. 

"Thank you." he said quietly

"For what?"

"For driving the monsters away."