Ch. 3

The fair was loud and bright and fun. There were games, magicians, jesters, and so much more. It was amazing! "Jesse, look!" I said as I pointed to someone lifting 1,000 pounds on their shoulders. "Woah!" He said. "Jesse, don't you wanna see the world with someone? With a best friend?" Winnie asked. "I'd love to. But I don't know who." Jesse replied. I glared at Jesse. "You need a partner in crime." Winnie said. "Maybe I could be  your partner in crime!" Winnie finished. "You know what Winnie? I'd love to have a best friend!" Jesse said. I sighed. "You can come, too." Jesse said. I rolled my eyes.
        "Welcome, everyone! Welcome to the fair!" A man said. "Jesse, look at his suit. It's...yellow." I said. "That's the man who came to my house and told me about the fair!" Winnie said. We all looked back at the man. "Now, let me pick one lucky person and I can guess their age!" The man said. Jesse raised his hand. "Jesse, no!" I muttered. "You!" The man yelled. Jesse pointed at himself and the man nodded. "Yes, you!" The man in yellow came to us and looked deep in Jesse's eyes. "You are...15." The man said. "Uh, no. I'm-" "Let me look even more." The man said. He looked into Jesse's eyes again. "I know something." The man said. "Okay, time to go! Bye!" I said, taking Jesse's and Winnie's hands and running.
        We ran to the water tower when we finally stopped. "He's onto us." I panted. "Come on, up here. He won't find us up here." Jesse said as he started climbing the tower all the way to the top.
          "Winnie, have you ever thought about living forever?" I asked. "I guess. It sounds like fun." Winnie said. "Winnie...when you're 17, like I am, was, is...I don't know. Anyway, when you turn 17, go to the spring and drink the water." Jesse said. "Then, you come and find us. You know where we live." I said. "Winnie, we could get married." Jesse said. "We could be a family." I said. "So remember, when you turn 17, find the tree with the T on it, drink the water, and find our house in the woods. Okay?" Jesse asked. "Okay. I promise." Winnie told us.