FOURTEEN

Eligos was still busy back in his region. Lucifer said the demon was brooding about it.

Benjamin didn't mind. He honestly forgot about him when he woke up in the morning.

Today was the day Lucy and him were going to go out and have fun, yet his sister had received a sudden call and left him once again.

It's like he minded. He understands. Benjamin is used to these Sunday mornings, when it's hard to get up and try to do anything remotely productive. He hasn't even started his homework.

Benjamin thinks he'll see those failing grades of his again on the report card. He hopes Lucy won't be mad. It's hard for him at school... but he should try and do the work anyway.

Very slowly, he struggled throwing the messy covers off his bed and sluggishly went over to his desk which was cluttered with many things Benjamin was sure weren't needed. He didn't throw them away though, merely scooting them to the side to make room for his homework.

And for the next two hours, he scribbled down whatever he thought and hoped to be right at a slow pace. Afterwards, he tried taking a shower and just ended up sitting in the tub for a long time until the water grew cold, his fingers turning into prunes.

Benjamin should be a lot more productive than this. Yet, after his homework, he just can't seem to do anything else. He doesn't know what to do.

Marcus and Emma should've told him what they wanted him to do. Their plans were his, and he had been fine with that for a long time.

Benjamin sighed a little when he walked out of the bathroom. It was nice having Eligos since the demon demanded his attention and always begged Benjamin to show him around, so he always had something to do. Without Eligos, he wasn't quite sure if there was anything to distract himself from the quiet and loneliness in his bedroom.

But surprisingly enough, Benjamin halted when he saw a letter on his desk. It didn't hold the seal of the Morningstar, and it wasn't from the Lord of the Flies.

It was from Eligos. His own seal which had an arrow and something of a snake inside of a circle.

Strange. Benjamin won't lie... he wondered if every demon had their own symbol.

The letter was long actually. Nearly a page, but it was written with exquisite penmanship, although Benjamin could tell it was a bit rushed seeing smudge marks here and there.

Eligos was complaining about how he was stuck having to do his duties for the whole day, and how he won't be able to see Benjamin until the next morning. The male had count how many times Eligos mentioned that he missed him, and it was a lot. Eligos could hardly stand being separated and wrote how he'll try to finish his work as fast as he can.

Benjamin doesn't mind waiting, but as he placed the letter down, another dropped down out of nowhere and startled him. He hurriedly looked over to see if it was Eligos yet again, but the contents were mostly about him reporting what he has to do and a lot of complaints.

He frowned, picking it up and folding it neatly. It seems like Eligos was having a tough time—

Four more letters dropped down and scared Benjamin once more.

He looked over them with a heavy frown, wondering why Eligos kept writing to him about every single occurrence so far. Eligos kept telling Benjamin about his activities and well-being, as if the boy was worried about him... Benjamin thought it was kind of funny.

But honestly, he should just remind Eligos to text him. If the demon keeps this up, his desk will be overrun by letters. Beelzebub and Lucifer should be notified, too.