Part 7 - Unknown

HONOR MAEVE

I refused to sleep last night. I'm in need to know why he killed my brother.

He didn't come to my room all night, which worries me of his character.

I decided to take a shower to clear my head. But once I walked back into my room, Saverio was sitting on my bed.

His hands were shaking and I could tell he's been worried about me since I found out.

He looked straight up at me. Tapping his feet on the floor.

"I think you need an explanation" he admits

I walk over to him, sitting besides him.

"I had to kill him... to protect you"

What?

"He knows something that could ruin you. That's why I 'stabbed' you at the ball. So you would be distracted and he wouldn't get the chance"

That makes more sense to me now. But what's he hiding from me? Does Saverio know.

"What did he wan-

Saverio stands up, walking towards the door.

"I'm sorry I killed him"

Although I want to know the rest of the story, I still have a sting at the back of my chest.

It's hurts me to know that Matteo is dead.

I quickly run downstairs catching up with Saverio.

"Where's my father?!" I shout aloud.

He looks directly at me. Then points his head towards the basement door.

I walk over to the door, opening it. Saverio keeps his eyes on me the entire time.

I walk down the stairs. Seeing my father led on the ground.

I feel a lot more protected knowing that he's currently weaker than me.

He's conscious but unaware of my presence.

I sit besides him, looking straight into his eyes.

He finally acknowledges me and we hold a long silence.

"Do you hate me?" I question him silently

"Kill... bef-

"Ore love" I finish his sentence.

I look away from him, looking at the wall opposite me.

"Matteo is dead"

Fathers moves his head upwards, looking directly at me.

I play around with my fingers, my legs bent up as my back lays on a wall.

"I didn't kill him... I just... know how much you love him"

I look over at him keeping my head led on the wall

I feel the need to tell him these things. But it's only because it's the last time he'll ever be on this earth.

"I love you, too, Honor" he ever so slightly moves his hand onto my thigh.

I move my attention to his hand, not moving it.

"In all the wrong ways" I state.

He moves his hand away, breathing heavily and broken coughs leaving his mouth.

Tears form in my eyes. I feel pain in my heart, as if every part of it shattered into small pieces.

"You raped me... my own father... raped me"

I look back down at my hands.

"You were supposed to love me, and care for me. To teach me good, to make me a good person... mother did. She loved the idea of a happy family. But you brought us all into this.. this.. hell. You brought us into hell with the mafia. And the mafia isn't what killed mom. It was you"

Tears move rapidly down my face, not leaving any space for me to breathe.

My hands shake, my life drains, and my mind sets on one thing.

Death.

I stand up, grabbing a gun from the table.

My hands shake as I turn the safety mode off. I walk over to him. Pointing it at his heart.

"You couldn't" he says

"I've done it before. You taught me" I pull the trigger seeing the blood drip from his heart down his body and onto the floor.

My mind fills with relief but my heart remains with guilt.

I hear Saverio running down the basements stairs.

He stands at the bottom of them staring at me. He doesn't move a muscle. Just my heart.

Saverio killed Matteo, yes. But I killed his evidence.

What better am I?

Someone begins rushing down the basement stairs, pushing Saverio aside.

They run over to me hugging me tightly.

Alec is warm. Like Saverio, but everywhere. He isn't cold. He's the life I want.

My tears begin flowing down my eyes once again. But once I am able to see, I look past Alec's shoulder and see that Saverio is gone.

I want to love Saverio. He just doesn't know how too.

Alec makes my attention grow back too him. He pulls away keeping his hands on my shoulders, arms length.

"You ok?" He questions me.

"Mhm" I nod my head slowly.

I feel weak. I was the brave one. I never cried like this before.

Alec makes me feel comfortable and real. Not someone who is in the mafia. That's not real.

I'm so happy to have Alec.

————————————

After being a couple of hours, Alec managed to take my fathers body elsewhere.

He put the vampire diaries on so I would be distracted, but it doesn't help that I have Saverios eyes on me the entire time.

He's been quiet, not talking. A little stubborn as well.

I'm not sure he likes the friendship I have with Alec, but if he wants to be with me, then he'll need to start making it more obvious to me.

I can't chase after him. I'm too mentally broken for that right now.

I pause the series and turn to face Saverio who is bent over the couch.

"Can I help you?!"

He glares into my eyes. Not saying a word.

"Saverio. Tell me for Christ's sake!" I shout aloud

He walks over to me, sitting besides me. He bites his lip then kisses me aggressively.

I push him off, wiping my mouth.

"No! If you want a relationship with me, Saverio. You can't be in control of everything we do. Talk to me"

He Perseus his lips shut, then looks to the side.

"I can't" he looks back over at me, standing back up.

He runs his hands down his face, walking away from me and into the kitchen.

I stare at him for a moment. I shake my head then walk upstairs, slamming my door shut.

Fuck me.

Hey everyone. Sorry it's only a short chapter. Thank you to everyone who has voted for my story, I love you guys. I will attempt to write a chapter every day, but this weekend I'm very busy so I may end up missing a day or two. But I promise you that I'll try my hardest to fit it in. Big plot twist coming eventually!!