Epilogue

"They're back! " We heard familiar voices that we missed so much. "They're back!! "

Kili and I looked at each other and then at Legolas and Gimli. With smiles on our faces, we came into the middle of Erebor, where the dwarves and even the elves who helped us, were just beginning to descend.

I got off my horse, with Kili's help, and looked around at the crowd. Literally a second passed when suddenly Fili ran out of the crowd towards us. And right behind him remained from our Company.

"Brother! " Kili called out happily and ran up to his brother, and after a while they fell into each other's arms, which was very sweet.

I also didn't wait a moment and ran to the brothers to say hello as well.

I managed to hug Fili, and immediately afterwards I had to hug everyone from our Company, even Dwalin, who didn't always like tenderness, but never refused to give me a hug.

"It's good to see you again. " Bofur smiled.

"You too. " Kili laughed and hugged his friend.

" Legolas! " I heard girl's voice. Not just any girl, of course. It was Tauriel.

I turned to them the moment elf threw herself around Legolas' neck.

"Looks familiar, huh? " Kili poked me to which I laughed.

He was right. I knew the feeling very well. The tears of joy in Tauriel's eyes reminded me of the moment I found Kili whole and healthy after fighting Bolg. I was very afraid that I had lost him, but fortunately it didn't happen.

"Well, what are you waiting for? " Kili said with a smile, to which the elves looked at us. "Kiss her, idiot. " He laughed, and I joined him.

" That's what I was going to do. " Blond man smiled. "Don't disturb, Kili. " He laughed, and we joined him.

Our elf didn't wait long and joined his mouth to that of his beloved. I smiled at the sight. Next to me, I also saw Gimli greeting his father, Gloin.

The sight was really adorable. At that moment, I turned to look at Fili.

"Fili... " I looked at dwarf and he looked at me. "And where's... "

"Behind you. " He entered my words to which I was surprised. After a while he nodded with a smile so that I would turn around.

I did it insecurely and saw the person I missed so much for the whole thirteen months. My father, Thorin Oakenshield.

Without thinking, I just ran towards dwarf and threw myself around his neck. Thorin laughed, grabbed me in his arms and turned me around his axis.

"I missed you so much..." I whispered through tears of joy.

"I missed you too, flower." He whispered and kissed me on the forehead.

I looked at him through tears. Here and there gray strands appeared on his hair and chin. He smiled warmly at me and wiped away my tears, and after a while I did the same with his tears. I still couldn't help but feel the smile on my face at that moment. I was so happy to be back home. Too many times I was afraid that I wouldn't come back here and that I wouldn't see my loved ones again. But fortunately this didn't happen. Now we were together again and that was all that mattered.

I couldn't stand it any longer and after a while I cuddled up to Oakenshield again. Dwarf, of course returned the hug and leaned his beard against my head.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kili walking towards us with a warm smile. And after a while, Thorin hugged him as well. And that's when the three of us stood together, in the warm and tender embrace I'd been waiting for and dreaming about for so long.