T • W • O

"Hey Brie, what's crackalacking?"

"Oh my God, please don't say that" Aubrielle keeps her eyeline towards the books in her locker, while her best friend, Addy, sticks her face right next to the locker door, making weird faces. "It's too early for this"

"Aubrielle Willow Bardot, I'll have you know that just because it's nine in the morning on a Monday, there are people out there, quite like myself, that want to seem alive and not miserable because they ruined their fathers wedding. Which, by the way, I still need details to so if I could just get that now...?" Addy shuts Brie's locker when she's done, and in that moment, her and her high ponytail both swing to the loud crash sound behind them, whipping Brie in the face.

"Uh, hey! What is it?" Brie's attention is drawn to the 'new, mysterious, fine guy', as everyone likes to call him, crouching down to his bag with books and stationery scattered around it. He probably was trying to take something out of his bag while walking down the hall. Rookie mistake.

A flock of girls appear, stepping on one-another's feet, trying to help this poor guy. He looks up at everyone surrounding him, a little startled, but slaps on a nervous smile, and tries to reassure them that he's alright. Brie turns to looks at Addy with a new conversation in mind, involving him of course, but sees only an empty placeholder of where she was once at. She's one of the flock of girls.

Finally, the girls scatter, leaving only him behind, finishing up with his little mess. Zipping his bag secure, he begins to stand up, catching Brie's eyes and holding on to them for minutes. Or what felt like minutes. She suddenly breaks eye contact when Addy calls out her name, "Brie? Come on we'll be late for class"

• • •

English. The worst, most boring and quiet class to ever be attended to. Brie's seat is right by the window, so she can see everything that happens right outside, in front of the school. Nothing interesting ever happens, but at least she has something else to look at other than the dull, monotonous classroom she is forced to sit in. 

Although today was different. Something was different about today. Brie was going to see something today; she could feel it strongly. There was a car driving down the road, round the parking lot, and now was the time where something exciting was going to happen. This person was going to take something out of his pocket, something dangerous. This person was going to do something criminal, and Brie was going to witness it in action. His hand was moving towards his pocket, and it was searching, and searching, and- oh. Just a tissue. Colds aren't very exciting. How does he even have a cold? It's almost summer!

"Aubrielle, since you seem wide awake and ready with an answer, why don't you tell us where the semi-colon should go?" the English teacher says, with this malicious look in her eyes, as if they were of an evil intention. 

It only took a few seconds for her to answer, "between 'dog' and 'he', right?"

The teacher glances between the screen with the sentence and Brie, and hesitantly answers, "yes- in fact- that is correct."

Brie turns her head back out the window, and observes meticulously, searching for something different, something that may hold a great story. Something that affects something else, like a domino effect. They hold importance. 

Brie just looked for something amazing to happen in her life. Something extraordinary. She really felt, unlike most days, that something was going to happen today. 

Wait a second, are those... police sirens? They're getting louder. Brie snaps her head towards the parking lot, escaping from her daydream, and finds that police cars are entering the school parking lot, and round to the front of the school. Why would the police have anything to do with the school?