Inner Sakura, the Oni: Chapter 3

Sakura's Rinnegan, Chapter 3: Inner Sakura, the Oni

Pain.

Hot, searing pain that burned all her nerves.

The complete, pitch-black darkness, and the complete loss of thinking. She was dead to the world, her cries of pain hadn't once deterred his wrath. Unresponsive, thoroughly benumbed.

It hadn't been a year since her emergence. The act of verbalizing her thoughts, to express her agony, were out of her reach in every way.

However, she knew exactly what she was thinking. The workings of her thought process inside the marginally developed mind was far more progressive, and none of it was a coincidence. Even if only by visual imagery, she more or less understood.

She noticed that the man— and he was a very familiar figure, hated her. If he didn't, why did he beat her up? Why didn't he stop when she was crying?

Why did he punish her so much?

Sakura felt fear throughout all the pain. She wondered when all the pain would end— perhaps never?

Her heart and head clenched in agony. Her body and all her nerves felt like frying. Sakura tried to consider all the ways to suppress this endless pain, although, being upside-down and constantly taking beatings, Sakura found it quite difficult to focus her thoughts.

She needed either this man to stop, or someone to save her.

No.

She had to escape from it, but she didn't— how was she supposed to stop him?

She screamed into the void, head-splitting, ringing in her own ears. When she opened her eyes, all she could see was fresh salt water from her tears rolling up her forehead toward the ground above her line of vision.

Then, like magic, the pain was no more and it was... bliss. Each part of her muscles reenergized, all the damage being reversed, and a new energy flooded her very being, strengthened, restored her to the hilt.

Apparently, someone had come to a rescue. To patch her up, healing her altogether.

She found peace.

Abruptly, the gnawing fear came back to life. Despite how much she wanted to relish and enjoy it, she was terrified to get too complacent.

What if it happened again?

She focused as much as possible on the pleasant feeling the woman gave her. She could feel this foreign force of energy hitting certain parts of her body, the way her bones melded together, and how her cells regenerated.

When the woman removed her hands, Sakura let out a small sob.

Immediately, Danzo lifted her upside down by her foot again, and the beatings resumed.

She felt betrayed. She hadn't been able to learn anything. She tried her best to mimic the woman's work, but all she could feel was the frightfully familiar form of torture forced upon her.

The process repeated ten times, and ten times she felt like she learned absolutely nothing about that... soothing to the very core, gentle strength.

At the dozenth or twentieth or hundredth time— she failed to keep count— she blacked out.

The complete, pitch-black darkness, and the complete loss of thinking that she thought she had before?

That was her state now.