Introduction

Welcome to my first public story ever. I hope you enjoy; I know I sure enjoyed writing it.

Meet the characters!

Maelyn Stone: she/her

Our leading lady. A liberal art major who started youtube as a creative outlet and didn't expect to blow up as quickly as she did. She makes animation videos, shorts, and streams occasionally, but keeps her identity as secret as possible, including her face. Living a double life has been hard for her, but she persists nothelss due to her naturally stubborn will. Though 21 years old, she has never kissed anyone, and doesn't plan on starting any time soon. The fear of closeness, the fear of boys, the fear of love, drives her more than anything. However, she has gained a lot of good friends and the amazing ability to set strict boundaries because of those fears. On top of the never-ceasing fear of love, she also gained added paranoia after a collab with Jaiden Animations blew up, thus increasing her following from 20k to 3 milli in a week. Paranoia and anxiety are best friends and along with their tagalog third wheel Imposter Syndrome, she was set up for a successful year as a busy college student and even busier youtuber. Though she has a locked up heart, she is an extremely empathetic person who loves humor, watching comedy, and being comedic. The extra money received from youtube allowed her and, her childhood best friend, Nick, to get an apartment in Long Beach close to her college. 

Nick White: he/him

Childhood best friend and absolute douche... in the best way possible. Mae and Nick grew up in the same neighborhood, went to the same school, and did nearly everything together, including attending the same college. While she was always interested in art, music, and creativity, he had always loved the art of business, finance, and negotiating. At this point in their lived, Mae and Nick were like siblings. He knew everything about her and she knew everything about him. They also quarreled like siblings, sometimes getting into full blown wrestling matches. However, they also were each other's closest confidants. Nick seems funny, laid back, and chill, and he is for the most part, but he can also get even more wild then our main girl. Though he is currently focused on his career, he does eventually start streaming as a leisure/money-making activity. 

Lila Kennedy: she/her

Girlfriend to the best friend. While she's not the main character, don't snooze on this girl. She is one of the most caring, kind, and supporting people you'll ever meet. While Nick is more relaxed than Mae (our ball of nerves), Lila is even more relaxed than Nick. She is an amazingly stable person who always offers a overhead perspective that benefits every party. Lila is beautiful, nay stunning. So much so, that Mae constantly wonders how Nick ever won her over. At most glance, people assume 'pretty in pink' Lila wants to be in the beauty industry, but she started her passion early getting an apprenticeship as an electrical engineer. She's smart. She knows it. Her friends know it. You don't have to. 

I'm assuming you're familiar with the rest of this fine cast. Let's get into the story.