04 || bad idea

song : Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys
tw : violence & weapons

~ Alejandra ~

I ignore Louis that follows behind because I'm too busy studying him.

The boy staring back at me is a few inches taller than Antonio and Chris. His hair is short enough that his beanie covers it, and his face has more definition.

His jaw.

His nose.

His eyes.

I don't let my eyes linger on his face for long before I let out an amused scoff. "Is that what you were doing on your phone Chris?"

I turn my body towards the boy still leaning on the fence behind him. "Can you not make any decisions without permission?"

I fake pout at him in an attempt to rile him up.

And it works.

His face hardens as he stands straight, off the fence, stepping closer to get in my face while Antonio backs off to give him his turn.

Maybe it's the adrenaline rush or my stupidity but oddly, I don't feel any fear as he steps to me.

I stay right where I am and continue to push him.

"What?" I ask with a tip of my head, pleased with myself for taking back the power. A grin appears on my face while my satisfaction grows with it.

That only makes Chris angrier.

"Fuck you." He spits in attempt to take back control. I simply eye him up and down.

"Nah." I look back at his angry eyes before smiling once more. "You're not my type."

Before he has a chance to retaliate, Gabriel cuts in.

"Enough." He states boredly.

Chris looks at him then back at me. Gabriel's statement alone prompts him to settle down and reclaim his leaning position on the fence.

I turn back around to face him. "Keep your bitches in line so I don't have to check 'em."

"You sure do got a mouth on you," begins Louis from behind him. "So why don't you check that before you speak again."

He too inches closer to me and it's then that I realize I'm surrounded by all four of them.

I'm starting to think this was a bad idea.

Still, against my better judgment, I continue to push, huffing out a short breath through my nose before taking the cash out of my back pocket to show.

"All I was trying to do was give your boys their business. But instead, they wanted an issue."

Gabriel looks at the money held between my middle and pointer finger and then back at his boys. They look worried as Gabriel sends them an annoyed glare.

"Either way," He begins again as he steps closer with his hands in his pockets. "Watch your mouth when speaking to us. Your confidence must come from your lack of knowing who we are."