JADE(S) 5

j*a*d*e*s 5  - different seasons

j*a*d*e*s – wake up lil suzie

            Beep!  Beep!  Chris Wheaton reluctantly came awake from his peaceful and deep slumber.  His hand shot out to the night stand on the left side of the bed, but he came up empty handed.  The alarm clock kept right on ringing in his ears, stopping him from going back to sleep. 

            He moaned and pulled his pillow over his head, maybe he was dreaming and it would go away soon.  He waited a full sixty seconds, until he could stand the sound no more, and let out a bellow to his sister, who's room was adjacent to his by a connecting doorway.

            "Jo would you turn it off already?!"  When no reply came and the alarm did not cease its endless ringing he got up and out of bed.  He grumbled loudly in his deep voice.  He went over to the door that connected the two bedrooms. 

            It was, much to his dismay, locked from Jo's side of the room.  He growled in contempt, he didn't believe in locks on bed room doors. 

            It was going to take some getting use to, having a sister who relished her privacy, who loved it, and made sure everyone else left her alone when she wanted to be left alone. 

            Locking the door was one thing, leaving the blasted alarm ringing was another all together.  He quickly made his way to the hallway; tripping over the sleeping cat on his way to Jo's other door.  Spirit the cat gave him an unfriendly look, and then went on his way, but not before giving Chris a good swipe for waking him up.  Chris stuck his tongue out at the cat, reaching down and rubbing his leg where the cat had gotten him, thankful that he was de-clawed.

            Chris pushed the door open and swiftly found the alarm clock and turned it off; he closed his eyes, happy that the noise was finally gone.  He briefly contemplated throwing it out the window, but he thought better of it, not wanting to see what kind of reaction Jo would have.  His sister had a volatile temper.

            Chris stood in the middle of the room and looked around in utter dismay; his sister's room was cluttered and messy.  The complete opposite of his room, which was neat and orderly.  He knew in his heart that they were twins, but they were such opposites of one another in certain ways that is scared him, making him wonder if one of them had been switched at birth. 

            Her bed hadn't been slept in, it was the only thing that she ever kept orderly, and every morning she made the bed.  Something that he found very amusing since the rest of the room looked horrible.  He took a deep breath and rubbed his chin, he needed a shave, he thought to himself.

            He'd been there for over two weeks and they had yet to spend any real time together.  He was beginning to realize that his sister was always busy either with her friends, or with one thing or another.  She was never around, and when she was, she was writing, or doing something else.  Yet there was always food in the fridge and home cooked meals. 

            Something else that he had learned was that she could cook, and she was good at it, she was good at everything that she tried.  Another trait of her's that frustrated him to no end. Everyone had always assumed that Kate always left food or came over to cook.  They were wrong Jo actually did most of the cooking in the house.  It was true that Kate did leave dishes once in a while, when she saw that Jo was to busy with something else for cooking to garner her attention for long enough to cook a meal.

            He now understood why their father had allowed her to get her license at such a young age.  It was that, or he would have had too hire a full time driver for her.  Even then whoever was driving her around would be on call twenty four/seven.