Chapter 13

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to @TopGunSimp and @Mandalorian-T-70 Be careful what you wish for XD

Also, a bit of a prelude:

.....

"You know that I don't hate you," you say. Now that your eyes have met his, you can't look away. "You irritate me immensely sometimes," you add. "But I could never hate you."

He chuckles. Then, after a moment, he furrows his brows. "Are you and Ice..."

"Over?" You nod. "I think it's safe to say that we are. Although, that doesn't mean" – But you stop talking because Maverick steps back and turns away, bringing his hands to his face. "Maverick?"

He glances back at you. "Yeah," he says. "I'd beat me up too."

You let out a sigh, shaking your head. "Believe it or not, I would have broken up with him eventually anyway. We just weren't meant to be."

"I know," he says. "I knew before I even met you."

You narrow your eyes. "Excuse me?"

"The picture, Amelia," he says. "It's what I wanted to show you last night."

You scoff. "Don't tell me you knew you would fall in love with me the moment you saw it."

He shakes his head. "No," he says. "I knew you would never fall in love with him."

You blink at him suspiciously. "How?"

"Well, now that you're no longer with him, it seems kind of in bad taste to break into his locker." He grimaces.

You raise your eyebrows. "Wow, I'm so glad I didn't come yesterday."

He laughs. "Is it really worse than what you'd imagined?"

You return his smile. "I suppose not." Your eyes inadvertently glide over the jet behind his back before you glance back at him.

He licks his lips playfully. "Why, were you expecting a ride?" He asks, smirking.

You roll your eyes. "I can't even tell if that's an innuendo."

His grin widens and his teeth sink into his bottom lip. "It's whatever you want it to be," he replies, a chuckle escaping together with his words.

You lift your hand and slap him on the shoulder.

"You know, you're quite violent," he says, still laughing.

You shake your head. "Not with everyone."

"Ah, I just bring out the best in you. Is that what you're saying?" He eyes you mischievously.

You pull your lips into a tight smile, realizing that every one of his words is just drawing you deeper in. Every one of his smiles is making you fall harder. "Let's just go home, okay? Will you give me a ride?"