Chapter 33: The Piggyback

NO ONE'S POV:

(Late at night, we see the rest of the group in the RV.)

Nancy: Okay. I wanna run through it one more time. Phase One.

Robin: We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready.

Nancy: Phase Two.

Steve: Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance.

Nancy: Phase Three?

Dustin: Me and Eddie draw the bats away.

Nancy: Four.

(Y/N): We head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and I rip the son of a bitch in half. Before or after the...?

Robin: Flambé.

(Y/N): Flambé. Yes. Before or after the flambé doesn't matter to me.

Nancy: Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?

All: Got it.

(They make their way back into Eddie's trailer where the rope to the Upside Down is still there.)

Dustin: Be careful.

Steve: Thanks, buddy. [inhales] Here goes nothing.

(Steve lands on his feet as he goes through the hole. He looks up at them with a smirk.)

Robin: [mutters sarcastically] What does he want us to do, applaud? Don't even think about it, (Y/N)

(Y/N): Why not? He landed on his feet like a cat.

(They all follow him through the hole with the weapons they brought. Nancy, Robin, & Y/N walk ahead but stop as Steve talks Dustin & Eddie.)

Steve: Hey, guys, listen. If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. (Y/N) does that shit all the time.

(Y/N): Hey!

Steve: Okay? You guys are just--

Dustin: Decoys. Don't worry. You and (Y/N) can be the heroes.