Chapter Seven

Samantha’s point of view 

Once Greyson left I sat on the couch with his mom for a few minutes in silence. 

“Why do you let him talk to you like that?” I questioned her. 

She did not answer for a moment, but before she did she let out a small sigh, “I don’t know.” 

“He’s an animal. Really. I feel bad for saying that but my little sister looks up to him a lot and knowing that’s how he really is...” I trailed off not wanting to make things worse. 

“I don’t even remember when it started to get this bad. He’s not even sixteen years old and he’s smoking. He goes and gets drunk... I don’t know what I did wrong.” 

“You didn’t do anything wrong,” 

It was quiet for a few moments. The only sound was the infomercial on TV saying something about how much your life sucks if you don’t have this magic Tupperware set. Which, coincidentally, I have and my life still sucks.

“I’m going to go pack my bags. I suppose I should stop bothering you guys now,” I gave a small laugh and stood up. 

“Oh honey you’re no bother at all!” Greyson’s mom, Lisa, stood up from her seat on the couch, “Where would you go? You said you couldn’t go home...” 

“I’m not sure yet,” I shrugged. 

“Stay as long as you’d like. Really. Ignore Greyson, or better yet, help me control him.” 

I laughed for real that time, “Control him? You’d have to put bars on his windows and keep him on a leash!” 

“I wouldn’t be able to do it, heck, I still have a hard time believing he’s even doing this things. I’m not going to pressure you into anything, but please think about it. Believe it or not in the day he’s been here he’s already behaving better.” 

Better? How is that any better?”

“Oh believe me, it was much worse.” 

I laughed quietly as I went upstairs. I can’t wait to get out of this place. I can’t stand being anywhere near Greyson anymore. I have nowhere to go, but anywhere is better than here. 

I pushed open his bedroom door and collapsed onto the air mattress. I turned my head and saw a piece of paper folded on my pillow. I sat up and grabbed it with two fingers and unfolded it. 

Dear Sam,

Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you, but the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl is empty, and so is your head.

Love, Greyson

It took me a second to realize that I was actually smiling. I rolled my eyes and dropped the note on the bed again. I walked over to the desk he had in the corner of his room. I opened the drawer and took out a piece of paper and a pen. 

Dear Greyson, 

Violets are purple, dumb ass. 

Love, Sam 

I placed the paper on his pillow and stood with my arms crossed. I sighed and looked around his room. I wonder what kind of things he keeps in here... 

I moved across the room to his dresser and pulled open the top drawer. Socks and underwear. Something I definitely wish I would not have seen. I quickly went to the next drawer which was just a bunch of band t-shirts. I was about to shut the drawer when something caught my eye. There was a box in the back corner. I reached for it to see what it was. 

“You have got to be kidding me,” I mumbled as I read the label. 

Condoms. The kid has a half empty box of condoms. I laughed and threw them back in the drawer, closing it with my hip. He had a pack of cigarettes on the small table next to his bed, and another on his book shelf. 

I walked to his book shelf and sat on the floor in front of it. I scanned through all the book titles. Most of them were really good, and the ones that weren’t good I had never heard of before. On the bottom shelf there was a wide binder that had a piece of ripped paper tapped to it, labeling it as old photos. I pulled it out and flipped through the pages. The first pictures were really old. They were from before he was famous, when he had that terrible haircut. I laughed as I flipped through the pictures of him hanging out with friends and the ones of him at birthday parties and school events. Eventually the pictures turned into photos of him on a plane and a few pages after that were him in California. I smiled remembering when he was that young. When he wasn’t a total asshole. Those pictures turned into pictures of him on tours and of him hanging out with other celebrities. He was smiling in all of them. He looked happy in every picture that was in this album... he doesn’t look like the same kid anymore. He smiles, but it’s not a smile like these. I wish I knew what was different... 

There was a loud bang that sounded like a door being slammed. I quickly put the book back and sat on the air mattress. Greyson walked through the door about a minute later. 

“Hey hot blonde,” He smiled at me and picked up his pack of cigarettes from the book shelf. 

“It’s Sam,” I spat before getting up and walking into his bathroom. I locked the door and sat on the edge of the tub. I really have to figure out what I’m going to do from here on. 

There was a loud knock on the door followed by an obnoxious voice, “SAAAAAAAAAAM,” 

“Oh my god what do you want,” 

“Greyson has to peeeee,” He sang. 

I tried not to laugh at him, “Go out the window.” 

“Excuse me bitch Greyson Chance does NOT pee out of windows!” 

I opened the door, “What, are you too classy?” 

“Well no I’m not Alli Simpson,” he raised an eye brow before squeezing into the bathroom and pushing me out. 

“Hey!” I called as he closed the door. I groaned and walked over the bed. There was another note on my pillow.  

Dear Sam, 

Actually, violets come in a variety of colors including yellow, pink, purple, lavender, white, white/pink, white/red, blue, and anything between! Now who’s the dumb ass?

Love, Greyson 

I smiled to myself and put the note in my bag with the other one.