Chapter 2. Stalked By A Ghost

"Who are you talking to?" questioned Tey.

Logan looked at him. "This girl." He pointed to the person with these bluest eyes he ever saw. He never saw her before but there were a lot of pack members he never met. She was probably just visiting a friend in the pack house. Tey looked to the TV and then at him.

"There's no one there," said Tey.

"Hey, Logan. You feeling okay?" Jesse used his serious voice. The kind his Beta father used with other pack members. His friends were all looking at him like he was insane. Jesse placed a hand on his shoulder as he stood up.

He looked back at the girl but she looked half in thought until fear crossed her gaze. He seemed to tune out everyone else as she spoke to him.

"Laugh," she commanded.

"I-" "They can't see me. Make up some joke. If you don't you'll lose everything!" She flail her arms about frantically.

"Kidding. Wish I saw a hot girl," he said, trying to sound like Tey when he was saying a joke. Thankfully Tey laughed and the other girls followed suit even the ice queen but Jesse didn't seem too convinced.

"Hey, I'm offended," said Minnie. "You don't think I'm HOT?"

"If you weren't hot, you wouldn't be making out with every dog in the pack," said Tey, coldly, which was completely out of character for him. Logan just ignored it and looked back to the girl.

"Don't look at me! That stone-face guy didn't buy your act, Brad Pitt," she shouted.

Nervous, he looked out a nearby window. For some reason she made him feel so jittery. His first thought of this girl only he saw was obvious. A ghost. He only thought that because of his sister, Emilia. Before she ran away, she was really into magic and stuff, because of their mommy-dearest. The pack knew her as Lorraine Jenkins. A powerful witch who was mated to the alpha but rejected him, and left his children a year after he and his twin sis were born on the alpha's door step. Talk about mother of the year. they each had a locket around their necks when they were born. Unlike Emilia, he through his into the lake, a hundred yards from the pack house, when he was thirteen. Emilia always talked about their mother like she was an angel. Everyone always thought Emilia was a freak, but to him she was just misunderstood. He missed her a lot nowadays. Especially with the pressure he was getting from Alpha Aaron, his father, to find his mate. Emilia always said that love should come naturally. Like asking a girl on a date, liking all the little quirks and stuff. It sounded dumb and naïve to him at the time but now he understood her. Maybe if his ex had been like that, all sweet and romantic, he wouldn't be so bitter towards women now. "Hey, you!" The blue-eyed girl snapped her fingers in his face and it seemed to echo throughout the room. He suddenly noticed the living room was empty and quiet and the TV was off. "Dude, you were like in some kind of trance. Your eyes turned like-black and your aura was like all grey and black."

"Can all spirits see auras?" he asked.

Her eyebrows knitted together, puzzled. "I'm not a spirit," she replied.

"No one else can hear or see you, right?"

"Yeah.." there was a suspicious tone in her voice.

"Can you walk through walls?"

"I'm not a ghost," her voice rose.

"How did you die-"

"I'm not dead!" she shouted. The lights began to flicker on and off, and make a short-circuiting sound. "Listen, I don't know how I got here or where I am, but I feel as alive as you. I've spent that last 45 minutes-" she paused as someone entered the living room. It was Jesse.