[one]

They say an epic love story begins with madness. While I could not agree more with that statement, I couldn't disagree more.

Let's start with the agreement part: the fact that there certainly was madness all around me. No, it wasn't that everybody was going bonkers. Ironically, everybody was looking at me like I was going to go bonkers before someone could say "scallywagington".

Today had started off excitingly. Awfully draining considering it was my wedding but exhilarating as well.

From hair and makeup to putting on my complete wedding outfit and stealing sips when Simone wasn't looking, you could say I was giddy. You couldn't blame me though, after all, I, the great Camsy Colbert, wedding planner extraordinaire and the former best in Los Angeles was about to get married to the love of my life.

Notice I used 'former' when regarding myself. That's because the position of LA's best wedding planner had been hijacked—sorta—by my best friend and former assistant, Simone. One major reason why I had to hand down the position and step out of wedding planning business was because: a) I had to endure two years of proper courtship with Parker leading up to this point. And b) I couldn't plan weddings between those two years.

But my reasons for putting my career on hold weren't the current issue here.

At this point, I doubted that I had just one issue as a matter of fact. When I'd walked down the isle to Parker Wellington, my husband to be, I'd not been able to breathe. He looked so breathtaking with his black suit and dressing shirt—first two buttons undone.

The most distracting part of him wasn't that flash of skin showing. It was his eyes. They'd always captivated me. Put me under a spell and made me dance to his tunes. A few moments ago when I'd reached him and he'd taken my hand in his, my heart stuttered. It always did around him.

He'd leaned down to my ear when we'd faced the alter, causing a goofy smile to sit on my lips. His voice was low, husky, and—Lord have mercy. The thoughts of him I was having were probably the reason why I was suddenly in this predicament.

"I can't wait for us to spend our lives together," he'd said, a sultry smile tugging on his lips. "I also can't wait to get that beautiful dress off you."

Just like that, I'd gone red in the face. The priest noticed our exchange and man was he pissed.

He'd buffed his chest and given us a dismissive look, going on to read out the proceedings and the wedding vows for us to follow along to.

I still had the lump in my throat from all those moments ago. We were doing it. Sealing the contract. This was officially going to be forever. Us. Camsy and Parker. The craziest couple in the United States.

I'd held on tighter to my white rose bouquet and smoothed out my dress. Mida had insisted on a ball gown with the waist width of a pencil and a train the length of Europe. And Simone, ever the level headed one between us three, had flipped her off and reminded her of our budget.

The dress was pretty decent though. It was an off the shoulder ball gown with gold highlights swirling from the waist and disappearing into white towards the middle of the skirt. Coupled with a crown that could rival Queen Elizabeth's and jewelry Mrs Wellington had handed down to me, it was safe to say I was beautiful. I knew it, my crazy cousin Mida knew it, and apparently, Parker did as well.

And I couldn't wait to be his. Officially.

Was I scared? Hell no. But I was overly excited. So much that my hands were fidgeting. Parker had noticed and he'd closed his hand around mine to still me.

Instantly, like cold water poured over a stove, the steam let off, but the butterflies in my heart erupted.

As Parker turned to me to say his vows, I'd tried swallowing down that lumo and failed. Our gazes were locked with a padlock and the key was thrown into the Pacific. His green eyes searched mine while I urged myself to breathe and savor this moment.