xx. when worlds collide

"YOU ACTUALLY GAVE ALEXANDER his jacket back?" Jolien exclaimed as she took a sip out of her strawberry milkshake.

The following day was a nice Saturday, unusually warm for an early February day. The girls were at the local mall, on their way to the restroom before they would settle out to go shopping. Even if it's been a full twenty-four hours since Inez has given Alexander his jacket back, Jolien and her were still stuck on the topic.

"I mean, it's his jacket, Jolien," Inez reasoned as she raked her hand through her natural, shoulder-length curls, which were drenched in shea butter leave-in conditioner. The conditioner rubbed off on her bare hands, which made them greasy, but she ignored it. "Giving it back was the right thing to do."

"Alright, alright," Jolien mused as she held the swinging door open to the women's restroom. "It's your call."

"That's more like it," the curly haired girl said as she walked straight into a bathroom stall. The bathroom was broad and large with multiple stalls built for multiple people. Because of that, the odor of the restroom did not smell pleasant at all. It smelled like a mix of bleach and shit — literally. Frankly, it wasn't a good mix, especially as Inez was trying to handle her business.

It was an awkward public bathroom moment. Before she got a chance to rip a piece of toilet paper from its dispenser, she heard a plop, followed by a series of splashes. That could only mean one thing.

Someone was taking a shit in a nearby stall.

Hence why the bathroom smelled so horrible. Inez Archer felt herself gag as she lifted up her foot to push down on the handle before she abandoned her stall to wash her hands. The restroom was surely stinking up real fast.

"God, it smells so bad in here," Jolien whispered, careful that the person taking a shit wouldn't hear.

"You're right about that," Inez agreed as she waved her hand under an automatic soap dispenser. The foamy, white soap, which smelled like baby powder was surely a refresher as she placed her hands under the automatic sink, scrubbing her palms and the areas between her fingers thoroughly. Several moments later, she was finally through, snatching a couple of paper towels from a silver dispenser.

As she padded the excess water off of her hands, she took a quick look in the mirror to make sure she looked okay before motioning her friend out of the restroom.

"It feels so good to get out of there," Jolien remarked as she grasped her strawberry milkshake, which was now half-empty based on how it was shown in the small, clear cup. "Honestly, I have lots of respect for the person who was taking a shit because I could never get the guts to do that in such a public restroom."

"Same, it sounds frightening," Inez felt herself shiver. "Not to mention all the awkwardness."

The brunette nodded before she pointed to a nearby store, placed with multiple racks of clothing, which somewhat glimmered in the artificial lights that shine above them. On the store window, there were a few mannequins, which had winter dresses placed over them. "Nez, look at those dresses," the girl squealed before her eyes darted at a large sign with blue and white words. "They're having a late winter sale, too. Let's look inside."

"Count me in," the curly haired girl exclaimed as they walked into the store. The aroma of cinnamon candles surrounded them, which welcomed them in. Inez looked through a series of dresses placed on a rack. She pulled out a knee-length white sheath dress, which had a nice turtleneck on the top. "Isn't this cute?"

"It's adorable. It would be perfect to wear on a date, or like a party because of how cute it is," Jolien raved as she placed her hand on the dress to feel the material. "It's soft, too."