Ch.26

I'm done. I'm bored. I need to see the sky. It had been just under a month and I had already grown tired of staying in the lair all day. The turtles get to go out every night, meanwhile, I'm stuck here. It's not that I disliked being at the lair, it's just that I disliked only being at the lair.

While watching Donnie work in the lab, I finally voiced my desire to him.

"Donnie?" I started quietly.

"Yes?" he responded, turning his attention to me.

"Do you think I could go up to the surface with you guys tonight?" when he widened his eyes I quickly added, "It wouldn't be more than an hour, and I really need to buy certain necessities! Please?" I almost begged.

"I-I think you should ask Master Splinter. I'm really not the person who makes the decisions."

Donnie's P.O.V.

Is Y/n already bored of us? Of me? I thought we we having fun together, I guess I was the only one who thought so. If only she'd never leave!

We haven't heard from the Kraang in the last couple of weeks, but I don't want to risk her being found! But I also don't want to say no to her...I'll just let Master Splinter decide and comfort her when he denies her.

***

"You may go. But only for an hour. Stay where my sons can see you at all times. Don't talk to strangers. Everyone is a stranger! Only get what you need and don't loiter. Keep your eyes open for anything suspicious," Master decided after Y/n, rather cleverly, pulled the female necessity card, which of course, none of my ignorant brothers understood.

"Thank you!" Y/n said excitedly.

I guess we aren't enough. She must miss being around humans. I guess I should've expected as much. I mean, what kind of human would enjoy being couped up in here all day?

"Donnie, what kind of ice cream do you like?" Y/n interrupted my depressing thoughts.

"Um, well I've never actually tasted any. I know what it is but..." I trailed off uncomfortably.

"Really?" she asked shocked. "Then I guess I'll just have to get neapolitan ice cream so you can taste the basic flavors."

"Thanks," I couldn't help but smile at her.