Sick of It

It was like any other night, I was doing chores and my stepdad was bitching at me over something while he cut meat. I turned to him after he spat out hate filled words and obscenities, I looked at the knife "there's something wrong with your knife." I pointed out quietly. He turned to me and looked at the knife. "I don't see anything wrong..." He mumbled turning it over and looking at all of it trying to see what was wrong. "let me see it I'll show you." I said holding my hand out. He hands me the knife slowly "What's wrong with it?" He asked looking at me. "Look closer I'll show you." I replied. He did and I look right into his eyes before whispering "it doesn't have your blood on it." Before he can work out what I mean I drive the knife into his throat and feel the warm red liquid run down my arm. He hit the floor of the house like a sack of potatoes, or a large boulder because he was such a lard ass. "Clean up your fucking mess or it will be worse next time." I said loudly, using the same words he did when he beats me. Stepping over the puddle of blood as I listen to the gurgling noises he's making. I step out on the front porch breath in the sweet scent of the cool night air and walk towards the woods.