Lawyer

"Max! Max! Seriously, I am not joking around right now. I am not going to be driving you anywhere!" Steve exclaimed as they all quickly followed Maxine out of the house. She was on a mission and she wasn't going to let anyone stop her, besides, she knew that even if Steve didn't want to drive her over there, she would be able to convince Adira to convince Steve to do it anyways.

"Steve if you think that I am going to spend what is likely the last day of my life in the armpit that is Mike Wheeler's basement, then you are out of your mind, and I am sure that Adira doesn't want to spend her remaining time in there either. So either you take me where I need to go, or you tie me down, which is technically kidnapping of a minor and if I live to see another day, Steve, I swear to god, I will prosecute," Maxine snapped, not bothering to look over her shoulder as she walked down the Wheeler's driveway and over to Steve's car.

"Well I can see why the two of you get along so well," Eddie said in slight amusement, the two girls were both snappy and sarcastic and both had a quick temper, "she is basically a miny you."

"I told you," Dustin muttered out to him in amusement, "Adira was one of Maxine's first friends when she came here, because like Max, Adira was one of the only people who had the guts to stand up to Billy Hargrove."

"Wait, Max, can you please at least tell us where the hell we are going?" Adira called out to her as she power walked beside Steve, "I agree that spending the day in that stupid, body odour filled basement, is not exactly how I would like to spend my time on the last day of my life, but I would like to know the alternative that you have in mind."

Dustin's eyebrows furrowed as he looked over at Adira, "it doesn't even smell bad in there," he called out to her in confusion. All of the teens stopped for a second and looked at him with raised eyebrows, astounded that he couldn't smell it

"Thats because you and your little stinky friends practically live in there, you've adjusted to the smell," Adira replied with a simple shoulder shrug. Dustin glared at her but didn't say anything, knowing that she was more than likely correct.

They finally made it over to the BMW and swarmed the car. Max attempted to pull on the back handle of the car to open the door, but the door was locked. She tugged it again before turning to look at Steve with a sharp glare on her young, freckled face, "Steve, open the door."

"Uh no," Steve replied and shook his head in disbelief, he didn't plan on changing his mind. He didn't think that it was a good idea for them to be out and about, they all needed to stay together and try and stay somewhere safe, and relatively small. Steve needed to be able to keep his eyes on them at all times, he wasn't prepared to lose them, especially Adira, so he was going to do everything he could to prevent Vecna from getting them

"I know a good Lawyer," Maxine replied firmly, keeping her face void of any emotion to hide the fact that she was lying straight to Steve's face. Luckily for her, Steve was relatively gullible and didn't plan on getting charged for 'kidnapping a minor' but he still didn't unlock the car

"Oh c'mon, mumma Steve, don't be such a buzzkill, she obviously wants to go somewhere, and she is right, there is no point just sitting in that stupid fucking basement, the basement isn't going to stop Vecna. If he wants to kill us, he probably wont just go 'oh a nice little basement, maybe I should wait until they are out in the moment so the blood doesn't stain the wooden floorboards' it doesn't matter where we are," Adira explained to her brother. 

Steve let out a long, annoyed huff before scoffing a few times, looking between all of the teenagers in disbelief. He hesitated before digging into the front pocket of his light-washed jacket and pulling out his keys, struggling slightly as he tried to yank his large hand out of the small pocket.