𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

˚✶•━━━━━━•❈•━━━━━━•✶˚ 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑶𝑵𝑺𝑬𝑻 𝑶𝑭 𝑾𝑨𝑹•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑶𝑵𝑺𝑬𝑻 𝑶𝑭 𝑾𝑨𝑹
•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐍𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐃❜𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐋─𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 against the darkening sky that swirled with rain clouds. The red stones of the castle walls however swam in the same rich hue of ruby gemstones as the descending darkness made their colour far more contrasting. The drawbridge of the moatless castle was still down, but the fields surrounding the castle were empty as the rain lingered heavily in the air and the farmers had returned to their homes in the castle town to avoid being rained on.

The clickety-clack of the horses' hooves echoed in a hollow manner through the air as Seren, Alexander and Saffira made their way over the wooden drawbridge. The latter two were disguised as knights of the castle and the metal helmets covered all of their face except for a narrow opening for their eyes, and the green tunic with Anvard's red crest fell over their chainmail that rang like small bells with every movement.

Alexander fought the urge to look back over his shoulder at the hidden Narnian army just beyond the treeline in the far distance, since he could almost sense Edmund's and Susan's gaze upon his back as they stepped through the gate at the end of the drawbridge. Instead, Alexander crossed eyes with Saffira but he could see the same concern displayed in her vibrant blue eyes; both hoped they wouldn't be recognised as Narnians or the whole plan would fall apart.

Seren stopped his horse when they reached the guard-tower of the gate and he smiled at the two guards while he patted the horse's neck as well. The guards leaned in a slumped manner against the shafts of their spears and the pointed metal heads glinted dully in the twilight, but the guards straightened their posture when they recognised Seren.

'Master Seren,' one of them said with a growing grin, 'two visits in such a short span of time. To what does Anvard owe this pleasure this time?'

Seren readjusted the reins between his fingers as he lowered his voice a bit. 'I could even hear the rumours of a conflict between Archenland and Narnia in the Great Desert. I'm here to stand by my family.'

The guard huffed. 'If you ask me, those Kings and Queens of Narnia are just making things up to start a war. We would never abduct anyone. You're wise to have returned home, Master Seren.'

Seren inclined his head at the guard and pressed his heels in the horse's belly to make it start walking again, and he let out an inaudible sigh of relief when the guards let Alexander and Saffira pass as well after the supposedly knights gave them a friendly nod.

The citadel at the head of the castle town grew in size as the trio made their way towards it and the windows of all the houses that rose up around them were closed for the nearing rain whereas the fire already started to crackle in the hearths of the shut-off residences.