Chapter One

I wonder the forest the burning in my throat was getting much too unbearable so I found the first thing that was easy enough to catch and drained it off blood, I was glad to have my first meal the thirst died down so I was able to keep running. Elijah had told me to run after overhearing his brother Klaus's plans to kill me so that he could break the curse so he could be the Original Hybrid, Elijah did not like the sound of it so now I was on the run and well to be honest so was I. Elijah had promised me that one day we would be back together and with that I had taken his word, although some things had changed I was no longer that human girl that Elijah met I was now a vampire like him but clearly having a much harder time in adjusting to the new life. I wondered what I was going to do since well I knew I couldn't go back especially since Klaus was going to kill me, so I decided to go and see my mother but when I got there I found something horrific which made my heart sink deep into my chest. My family killed murdered for no reason I knew then I had to see Elijah, I needed to warn him about what had just happened to my family and what could happen to him but by the time I got there the house in which I used to live in with them was empty no old paintings on the walls no nothing. I walked through the house hoping I would find at least one thing of where they had all disappeared too or just something to tell me that Elijah was alright, I looked in each room, but there was nothing to be found as I made my way back toward the door I noticed a letter slipping out from behind a crack in the door.

I walked out of the house just in case Klaus would return to the house to see if I had came back looking for Elijah I did not want to break my promise to Elijah that I would keep running, once I was outside I quickly ran as fast as I could toward a little town where I got a room for the night I walked up the old creaking wooden stairs and into my room. I closed the door behind me and I finally broke down crying my whole world was falling in around me Elijah was gone my family dead it was like I was all alone and no one to turn to, I took the letter out of my pocket and took in a breath unsure if I should open it or not but I did after 5 minutes of staring at it. I looked down at the letter and just hoped that it was going to be something good, I then began to read it which only lead to more tears Klaus had wrote this letter and told me that he had killed Elijah. It only made me want to take revenge on Klaus but for all I knew Klaus could be lying about killing Elijah, I closed the letter and walked into the bathroom I took off the bloody torn up dress and threw it aside as I stepped into the nice warm bath. I cleaned myself up then relaxed for a little while before stepping out and wrapping a towel around me, I then heard the door knock and a soft voice calling from the other side of the door it was the lady who gave me the room. I opened the door and she handed me in some new dresses and some food I smiled thankfully at her and closed the door, I was not too into talking right now I was tireder than anything to be honest.

I changed into some night clothing which was among the dresses and climbed into bed I lay back and just thought about all the events which had happened while I was living with Elijah, the game we used to play the time we met everything just was so happy and then Klaus had to change that. Everything I knew was different now Klaus was out to kill me for not dying to help him turn into the Original Hybrid, I began to think a lot about why he needed to kill me to be the Hybrid he said he wanted to be. I didn't understand why Elijah did not come with me although I was thinking maybe it was so Klaus did not realize it was Elijah who made me run, I guess maybe it was for my own good but apart from me still regretted now making Elijah come with me. I knew how I felt for him my love was stronger than anything and I knew how Klaus did not approve of it, to be honest Klaus did not approve of anything he was not apart off that is maybe what had Klaus's blood boiling because I did not love him like he loved me. I shook the thoughts from my head just trying to relax since I knew I had to get more sleep before running tomorrow, I yawned and laid my head back against the soft pillows before I knew it I was sleeping like a cute little baby. I twisted and turned that night now being able to have a good nights sleep although the bed was so comfortable, apart of me just couldn't stop thinking about if Elijah was safe or not I jumped up a few times in the night until I actually did settle down properly when I started to think about the chasing game.

"Katerina? Katerina are you up?" A soft voice came from the hallway

"Yes," I just about managed to reply I got out of bed walking to the door and opened it "Is everything alright?" I quickly felt the sun hurt my eyes and I hid behind the door.

"It is breakfast time would you like to come down? Did she ask me "Are you okay? Are you not feeling too well?"

"I am feeling rather ill this morning may I have this room for anything night and I promise I will be out by morning," I told the lady

"Of course dear you climb back into bed and I will bring you some food and something to maybe help you to see if it makes you better," The lady said

I smiled and nodded I closed the door as she walked away I crawled back into bed and not long after the lady had come back and opened the door herself, she gave me the food and something that she believed would help make me feel better. I began to eat as if food was going out of fashion I didn't know what had come over me and the drink she had given me to help me feel better was actually more like water to me, I looked up at the lady when I was finished feeling like a greedy monster.

"Thank you that was lovely and sorry I ate as if food was going out of fashion," I said

She laughed "It is alright I am glad you like it," she said before kissing my hair then closing the door behind her as she left.