Thousand Mile Ice Plains

Baili Qingmiao didn't feel comfortable taking the pile of treasures Wenren È had left her. She returned to Shangqing Sect and after meditating for a night, found that her level had actually increased from the second level of Foundation Establishment all the way to the seventh, an abnormally big leap. She assumed it was the help of those two experts' guidance.

Baili Qingmiao had been taught since childhood that the gratitude of a drop of water should be repaid by a spring. She couldn't accept such a benefit for free, so met with her master and said she wanted to leave the mountain to gain experience.

Baili Qingmiao's master Elder Qingrong was a female cultivator, and most of the female disciples were under her. Shangqing Sect didn't forbid its disciples from dual cultivating and just warned them that dual cultivation should only be done after Nascent Soul stage. The first reason was to give irresolute disciples something to look forward to; if someone had a goal, they would put out more effort. The second reason was that after Nascent Soul stage, a cultivator's emotional maturity would rise and the impulses of youth would be weakened. Only true and deep desires would remain. So it was also to help disciples know their own hearts, so they wouldn't sabotage themselves while still young.

The Shangqing Sect believed that it was better to restrict something than to forbid it. Instead of banning disciples from romantic relations, it was better to properly guide them, to avoid making them want to rebel.

This regulation worked quite well. Some disciples dedicated themselves to cultivating hard so they could be together properly with the person they loved. The whole sect was full of motivation to advance.

Elder Qingrong, hearing that her favorite young disciple had resolved to set out alone to train, showed a gratified smile. She patted Baili Qingmiao's hand and said warmly, "And I was worried that you were too reluctant to leave your shixiong to travel alone."

"Oh my god, master..." Baili Qingmiao blushed, hugging Elder Qingrong's arm.

Elder Qingrong saw that her little disciple had finally grown up and felt relieved. She nodded and said, "It's good that you're motivated. You're a rare talent. Back then, if I hadn't held you back, thinking that it was too early, you probably would've built your foundation at twelve or thirteen. After Foundation Establishment, your body won't grow until Nascent Soul stage. Would you have wanted to have a twelve or thirteen year old body for the next hundred years of cultivation?"

Baili Qingmiao was a bit embarrassed. Back then she was young, okay, she didn't understand anything. If she looked twelve or thirteen, shixiong taking her places would look like a father with his daughter. That would be awful.

Elder Qingrong told Baili Qingmiao that she shouldn't go anywhere too dangerous, and to immediately break her jade messaging talisman if she ran into trouble, to think before acting and not show off. After cautioning her on a great many things, she also gave her a protective magic item, which could block one full-power attack from a Deity Transformation stage cultivator. After she felt she had covered everything, she finally sent Baili Qingmiao with her own seal down to the administration hall to make a record.

Shangqing Sect had many disciples, and they needed to keep a clear record of everything. These kinds of trips usually lasted half a year to a year, and if Baili Qingmiao wasn't back by then, the elders would set out to find her whereabouts, so it was also for the disciples' safety.

Hè Wenzhao was the chief disciple and also held several posts at the administration hall. He was currently on duty, and when receiving Baili Qingmiao's seal of authorization, he stared at her for a moment. "Shimei, you want to leave the mountain alone?"

"Yeah, I can't be shixiong's shadow forever," Baili Qingmiao said with a smile. "I want to quickly reach Nascent Soul, so I can slay monsters and defeat evil alongside shixiong, and become renowned in the cultivation world."